[19]

Thirty minutes later, we found ourselves at the hospital.

The doctors were busy with checking mother's vitals and were taking samples of her blood and other body fluids for investigations.

Back at home, I'd caught Taehyung speaking to mother as I called for an ambulance. Observing that mum seemed to be comfortable with the man and that she didn't mind his actions, impressed me. How good was he at convincing and explaining the scenario to people?

Once the doctor stepped out of mom's ward, I rushed to him.

"You must be Ji Yeon" he smiled and I nodded eagerly as Taehyung stood beside me quietly.

I hadn't spoken a single word to the man and was yet to blast at him. But what's important was mum's health and I had to get it right first.

"is she okay?" I asked.

"Yes" he smiled, "her vitals are good. We've sent samples for investigations, and the report will be here by evening tomorrow".

"How long will it take for her to be able to walk again?" I questioned.

"Well, she's been bedridden for a long time now, so I think it might take about a month. I could put her on physio for two weeks to fasten the process" he answered.

"Is there something I should be doing? Any medication to buy?"

"Yeah, just a few general ones. We need to stop on all of her previous meds. She will do great, don't worry. Let her get some real sleep for now" he said and I nodded.

"Thank you"

With that, he walked away, leaving me with Taehyung in the hallway.

We were well into the night and all I could think of, was cooking dinner for mom. She'd been on IV for ages and it was time that I made something for her myself and fed her well.

Half an hour ago, on my way out of the house, I had unlocked Haasa's room. She did freak out, obviously, but was happy that mum had woken up. I hoped she had boiled veggies for me to make the cooking easier.

Fetching the keys out of my purse now, I quietly turned to the exit and walked. Dad would be here any second, so I didn't have to worry about leaving mum alone. The old man was in tears and was rushing on his way to the hospital.

"Where are you going?" Taehyung asked.

"Home."

"Are you mad at me?" He mumbled, catching up with my pace of walking.

I only sped up my speed as he took longer steps. The boy seemed persistent as he kept up with me, all the way till we reached the parking lot.

When I pressed the button on the key, my car made a pinging sound.

"Ji.." He started and I paused to look at him.

He only stood there, only a few meters away from my car, saying nothing as he bit his lip while I stared him down.

"Do you have something to say?" I raised a brow and he shook his head.

I sighed. "You're making it so hard for me Tae".

"Making what hard?" He smirked, knowingly.

Stepping closer, I glared at him for a few seconds. Our bodies only inches away as he stood tall, broad and rooted to the spot. I looked up at his face before lifting my hand up to smack his cheek.

"You little shit!" I scolded, slapping his cheek again. Not hard enough to hurt him but enough to sting.

"Ouch! no. My cousin was in a coma and he came back to us when his father was about to get shot so I thought I could use the same logic with your mother, I'm so sor-mmf" he gasped when I shut him up with my lips against his, standing on the tips of my toes, pushing my body against his own.

His actions were sudden, wild and outlandish but the outcome was better than anything I could have ever asked for. I grabbed the back of his neck to pull him closer and the boy smiled into the kiss, wrapping his arms around my waist.

His lips were in sync with mine as he gently sucked on my lips, letting his teeth graze over them a few times, using his tongue only to soothe the bites he had delivered to my lips and not plunge it into my mouth, he pulled away.

"I'm sorry" he pouted.

"Thank you" I mumbled and I hadn't noticed how I had teared up like a small child. For a moment, I was a lost kid who had found her mother again. A huge burden was taken off of my shoulder and I felt so, so relieved that he did what he did.

"Thank you so much, Tae" I cried, this time tears flowing down my cheeks as I hugged him tight.

The boy only hummed, rubbing my back soothingly. "You look cuter when you cry" he kissed the top of my head.

"Hmm" was all I could manage as I sobbed into his shirt, getting the pink and white material all wet and drenched in my own salty liquid of happiness.

His scent, his body against mine, his strong arms giving me a sense of security and warmth was all I could focus on, until my phone buzzed in my pocket.

Pulling away I unlocked the device to read the text message.

Jihyun: We've found a lead on V. We seized a plane full of illegally transported weapons at the port.

I groaned and handed the phone to V who patiently read the text.

"Ow wow. Good job" he grinned and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"Tae.."

"Are you on my team?" He raised a brow and my lips drew into a thin line.

"Are you, baby?" He rephrased the question, his arm wrapping around my waist to pull me close until my chest was flush against his chest.

"Yes" I mumbled with a smile forming on my face.

---