*20*

David's POV

The last thing I remember was sitting on the floor crying, but now I am in my bed, still alone. I head to the bathroom and just stare at myself. My eyes are puffy and bright red, from what I'm guessing crying myself to sleep. I brush my teeth, go to the bathroom, and head out to the kitchen. The police officers left Liza's note on the counter for me. As soon as I see it, my eyesight immediately becomes blurry and thoughts come flushing through my head.

I lost my girlfriend. Hell, I lost my soulmate. She's forever gone because I made the mistake of making her leave at the toughest time in her life. I lost the one that listened to me, told me everything would be okay when I thought the worst, and the one who loved me even when I wasn't the most compatible to work with.

Flashbacks come; the first time I told her that I was dumb for thinking I would find my future wife at age 18, which ended up untrue because I found the right one, I found my young love. I remembered the time I first kissed her and the time she first kissed me. The time I found out who was running Lizaisawhore and comforted her through the time. And finally, the time when I went to her house to be her superman, and I saved her from getting stabbed, instead taking it myself.

I put down Liza's last note and head out the door to go to school. I walk into the doors of highschool and the first thing that happens is a bunch of people run up to me apologizing for my loss. Then one familiar face comes up, Alex.

"Hey man, I'm really sorry. Not just for the loss of Liza, but for kissing her--"

"Look, it was a peck on the cheek. I shouldn't have acted the way I did, telling her to leave about something so small. It was my fault, seriously don't feel bad." I cut him off.

"David, please listen to this." He hands me some headphones and his phone.

It was Gabbie and her posse talking about trying to kill me to make Liza kill herself. What the fuck. I take the headphones off after hearing it all and give them back.

"Thanks for showing me this Alex."

"Anytime David, still friends?"

"Best friends."

I smile as he walks away because I know I did the right thing, and that's what I wanted for our friendship and I'm sure Liza would've wanted the same.

Then I see another familiar face coming straight towards me with her posse.

"Hey baby boy. I'm so sorry to hear about Liza's death. She was such a great friend! I would've never expected her to um kill herself."

Baby boy? Ew. Also why the fuck is she telling these lies?

"Uh thanks, but I thought you guys weren't friends anymore?" I say literally knowing they weren't.

"Doesn't mean I still don't care about her cutie!"

"Are you fucking serious right now? I fucking heard everything you did to her. You first created an account on Instagram trying to 'expose' her, which made her literally fucking cut herself. Then you make fun of her daily, and then you try to fucking kill me? Now you are flirting with me. You are truly sick, I cannot believe you." I yell.

"Excuse me?"

"DO NOT ACT FUCKING INNOCENT. WE ALL HAVE FUCKING PROOF. YOU FUCKING MADE MY GIRLFRIEND, MY LOVE OF MY LIFE, KILL HERSELF."

"Oh David, you can find a new one, in fact she's standing right in front of you." Gabbie steps closer as I back away the closer the gets.

"I DON'T LOVE YOU GABBIE. I LOVED LIZA. LIZA WAS THE ONE I WANTED TO HAVE A LIFE WITH AND YOU FUCKING RUINED THAT. I CAN'T BELIEVE ALL THE SHIT YOU WOULD DO JUST TO MAKE LIZA KILL HERSELF. AND NOW SHE'S GONE YOU ARE TRYING TO GET WITH ME? ARE YOU INSANE?"

"I am insane for you sweet, sweet David." She leans in and snatches a kiss.

After that I just plainly walk away already done with today when it hasn't even been an hour at school yet. I go to all my classes and wait for this painfully long school day to end. As the final bell rings, I rush out to go to my apartment.

As I arrive, I immediately go to my bedroom and lock the door. Crying once again for all the mistakes I made. I hear knocks and a yell..not again.

"David, I brought you some Taco Bell, it will be on the counter if you want it." Alex.

I go out because one, I want it hot and two, I want to eat with Alex. I go to sit on the couch and talk with Alex.

"Hey man, thanks, really I appreciate it. You just being there for me all the time." I say chowing down my Taco Bell.

"Of course, that's what friends are for, right?"