*23*

David's POV

Graduation Day.

"Now!" Our school principal, Mr. Hedge voices loudly, "We welcome our valedictorian of the class of 2018..students..drumroll please!"

The whole class giggles as we all pat our laps in sync.

"Elizabeth Koshy!!"

Liza stands up and starts to walk up to the stage in her shiny blue graduation cap and gown. She opens her mouth and its almost like a symphony. Every word flows perfectly perfect almost as if she rehearsed it more than 1000 times, correcting all errors.

"Good evening we thank everyone for coming and celebrating this big day with us and I would personally like to thank everyone who believed in me from the beginning, throughout the journey, and now here with me accepting the Valedictorian award.

To the ones who have been there since day one, Mom and Dad. Thank you for watching me grow up for 18 years and being there every step of the way. You have never failed to help me out and you always gave me the best with a little work included. Both of you have showed me what true love is and always let it shine through, even if you were upset with me. If it weren't for you both showing me the right path, I would not be up here achieving this honor.

My partners in crime, my beautiful sisters. Thank you for being the best big sisters anyone could ask for. You have taught me the meaning of what a sibling really is and even friendship. We go nearly everywhere together as if we are our own little posse. Both of you are always beyond genuine and hilarious, never failing to make me smile. With your endless support and the happiness barricade you build around me, I stand here today to show my gratitude of you coming along this ride with me.

My handsome boyfriend, Mr. David Dobrik. Thank you for always being there for me whenever I needed it. Even when I would be upset at you, you never gave up on me and left me sitting in the dark. We have laughed at every laughable thing, smiled at every happy thing, and most importantly we made memories while doing it."

Liza begins tearing up but is determined to finish her speech.

"Now, I would like to give a thank you to the teachers on behalf of our class.

Teachers, we thank you for all the life lessons throughout the years here at White Chapel High. Each teacher we have had showed true love for their job and always wanted best for the students. We also thank you for your commitment to teaching and guiding us to achieve our goals. Personally, their desire to teach rung a bell in my head that I should appreciate what they do and not take it for granted, leading me to this beautiful destination. We would also like to thank Mr. Hedge, the front staff, the aids, and the custodian staff, especially Mrs. Margie for always having a smile for us and a kind hello.

Classmates, we all met as terrified little freshmans, throughout our years we have lost friends yet gained others. All of us here today are now friends moving on together. We all look out for each other, whether you realize it or not. It could all be as little as being careful of what to eat around kids with allergies or even being a shoulder to cry on.

Each and every one of us have much to look forward to and many more lessons to learn.

In the future we need to Set Goals. Don't let anyone strike down your goals, as setting goals is a key to future success. Whether your goals are as simple as becoming independent or as complex as winning the lottery, you can strive for those goals with the right people by your side.

Take Responsibility, blaming others won't lead you places, owning up to your wrong doings will always find it's way back in a good manner. Those who take responsibility will learn from their mistakes and avoid it in the future. Everyone makes mistakes because we are human so it's your choice what you let the mistake do. Allow them to discourage you? Ignore them completely? Or we can learn from our mistakes.

We were all put on this world to achieve something so find that inspiration around you. Go for a walk in nature, take time off your phone, look for the inspiration that is bound to make your future better.

Don't give up on a dream.  Look through the clouds to find the sun.  If you have a dream, follow it, chase after it, and grab it.

Don't forget your past as your past got you to where you are right now.

    Lastly, set high expectations. To succeed, we have to expect more of ourselves, taking the easy way won't always get you somewhere. Mother Teresa shared a quote on how she believes high expectations will succeed. "Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal."

    So let's go forward, create new memories--not forgetting the old, and enjoying what is to come."

Liza scoffs out the last words as the crowd and students clap while she walks back to her seat.

I mouth the words That was incredible to her and she gives me a soft smile.

Mr. Hedge walks up to the microphone looking incredibly baffled. "No wonder you are valedictorian, that was so..beautiful." He smiles looking as Liza. She nods her head thanking him.

Liza got a full ride scholarship to Harvard University. She is no doubt going to go but it's on the opposite side of the country. Don't get me wrong or call me selfish, I am so glad she got a scholarship to one of the best universities out there. But then, she's going to have to leave me and make our relationship a long distant one which is so complicated. I'll just be stuck here in California at a community college, without my best friend, my pookie, my girlfriend, my love of my life by my side.

As I am thinking to myself about college and Liza, my name gets called to come onstage and get my diploma. I walk properly, standing straight, up there to later shake Mr. Hedge's hand and grab my diploma. About an hour later, once everyone has gotten their diplomas, Mr. Hedge taps the microphone, getting everyone's attention, and says "I WOULD LIKE TO INTRODUCE YOU TO THE GRADUATING CLASS OF 2018." That is our cue to stand up and throw our caps. In less than a minute, you see hundreds of hats just drifting down to the floor.

Most of the graduates meet up with each other and congratulate each other, hug or kiss each other goodbye and wishing everyone the best of luck. Although we will see eachother at the after party.

Everyone seperates as we meet up with our parents, siblings, loved ones. Today has been a good day and I can tell it will be even better as the night comes to an end.