XIII.

Oh wow, look at all those reads. I aim for higher, of course, but this is a good start. I love every one of my readers❤️, whether you be a wolf🐺, a lion🦁, a kraken🐙 (it's an octopus but shhh), a dragon🐲, a stag🦌, a falcon, a trout, a rose🌹 , or a sun☀️. (Short chapter though.)

My Eldest Daughter, Paityn,

I fear that we might never see each other again. I have not traveled back to Winterfell since I captured the Imp coming home from King's Landing. I wish I would have hugged you there, kissed you one last time. Your father is gone. Your brother is fighting a war, your sister has disappeared, and your other brother sits at home, crippled. Maester Luwin says he will never walk again. And it's all because of those damned Lannisters. And by the light of the Seven, I hope that you return home safely. I wouldn't trust Littlefinger. Not even as I write this letter and place it in his hand. But he cares for me still, I know that. He will help you if he knows I would appreciate it. Even after your father...

Paityn, you are a Stark. You must show strength in times like these. Do you remember what your father said once? 'The lone wolf dies while the pack survives.' It's true, my daughter, and I'm afraid that us wolves are vulnerable as of now. Keep your sister safe for me, and remember that you are a direwolf. My first born daughter. The day you were born was one of the best days of my life. As I held you at my breast, you looked up at me with those deep brown eyes, and small tufts of dark hair... I knew you were a true Stark. Your sister is just like you, I've found, wild and young, while young Sansa is very similar to me when I was that age. You and Arya are definitely your father's children. And though Robb has the Tully look, he is a warrior, you must know. Your brother is a fighter. And he misses you. So does Theon, though I am still quite wary of him, he insisted that I say something, though. Last I heard of Bran and Rickon was good news.

I do hope, that someday, somehow, you and I, your father, and your brothers and sisters, will all meet again. It is a thought that troubles me so, simply because now the Lannisters are on the throne and your father is gone, all my fears seem so much more real. Like things in the daylight. I love you, my daughter. Take care, and of your sisters as well.

Your mother, Catelyn Stark

I begun to cry as I finished the letter, but somehow, deep in my heart, I knew that what she said about us never seeing each other again, was true.