XVII.

"Is this your way of getting back at me?" I woke up to an angry Cersei hissing  near the foot of my bed, and I pulled my hand up to wipe the sleep from my eyes, but found Sansa still curled into my side, her head resting near my shoulder.

   "Shut up!" I whisper-yelled, easing myself out from under Sansa, whose breathing was even and deep. "She's still sleeping!"

   "Is this your way of getting back at me?" She repeated, crossing her arms as I stood to face her. "Fucking your sister?"

   "I didn't sleep with her!" I rose my voice the slightest bit, and glanced at the redhead, whose breath was still steady.

   "Then why did I find you in bed with her?" She snapped, and I could tell that she had drank a few glasses of wine before coming here.

   "She almost got raped last night, you bitch!" I retorted, and she seemed a bit taken aback. "She was scared, and I was scared, and... wait a minute, last time I met your cousin, he was squiring for your husband and gave him too much wine... care to tell me how, exactly, he became a knight?"

   "You can't-" her face grew angrier as she put a finger to my chest.

   "Did he become a knight before or after you let him into your bed?" I asked, not giving her time enough to answer before firing another question. "Did you bed him when you said you loved me? Of course you did." I answered my own question as she shot wildfire at me with her eyes. I could feel my skin starting to burn from the heat of her gaze. "You would sell yourself like a common whore if it meant getting the Baratheons out of the picture and your family in- Seven Hells, I told you if it weren't for you and your shit family-"

   I was going to continue, but she slammed me into the stone, chamber wall, her fingers tightening around the material of my blouse. I gasped, all the breath leaving my body and a sharp pain running through, instantly being numbed as she crushed her lips onto mine.

   We didn't speak, only kissed, her lips soft, but the  pressure rough and passionate, tasting of summerwine and desperation.

   "Forgive me." She said in between small moans and the erotic sounds of our lips parting and crashing together again, my hands gripping her waist fervently. And I knew that I would- forgive her- because I loved. I loved her like she was the only thing I'd ever known; which, in a way, was true.

   "Paityn?" I heard a voice ask, the name falling off her tongue in a way laced with surprise and bewilderment.

   "Sansa, it's not what it looks like-" I attempted after Cersei pulled back, horrified, only to cut me off with a small, gentle kiss, our lips swollen and red, and her arms around my waist.

   "Yes, Sansa, it's exactly what it looks like." She insisted, and the redhead chuckled before pointing at me.

   "I knew it!"

   "What? How-"
   "I knew there was something different about you, that's why father protected you, it all makes sense now!"

   "Father knew about the Queen and I." I said, resting my head on her shoulder. "I didn't know he knew, but he wrote me a letter explaining why you were betrothed to Joffrey instead of I. He... wanted me to find a lady that I loved and run away with her. Even though I was going behind his best friend's back, he... he protected me. He didn't tell anyone, even if it was his honor."

   "I..." Sansa began. "I don't think father was the man we thought he was." Her eyes suddenly went wide and she lifted the covers, raising her nightgown as to look between her legs.

   Her face paled and she glanced from me to the Queen uneasily.

   "I'm bleeding... down there."

   "Oh, love," Cersei smiled lightly. "You know nothing yet of blood."