XLVI.

Here is your update ❤️

Yes, it's late.

No, I'm not dead.

Yes, I still love you.

*slight sexual content warning*

"My Lord Hand." I bowed to Cersei's father, Tywin, wondering why I was called here. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance."

   "You as well, my lady. Please, have a seat." He gestured with his arm, sitting at the head of the table with his nose in a book. I hesitated, and he looked up at me, arching an eyebrow. I quickly sat, slightly disturbed by his presence.

   "You're probably wondering why we called you here." Cersei reached out and touched my forearm gently, her eyes showing sympathy and the slightest bit of attraction. I wanted so badly for her to kiss me and tell me that everything was going to be alright.

   "You are my son's bride." Tywin spoke in that chilling tone of his. His voice was thick and deep and rich, like the sea of gold that was Cersei's hair. "Which means that you could also be on trial for Joffrey's murder- but my daughter insisted I let you speak before condemning you too greatly."

   "I thank you for giving me this honor, my Lord Hand." I told him, Cersei squeezing my hand lightly before pulling away. "I promise, Your Grace, I had nothing to do with your son's murder. He was my King."

   "And Eddard Stark was your father." Tywin pointed out, shutting his heavy book. Dust wafted into the air, and he picked up his goblet, taking a sip. "A traitor, I recall."

    "My father wasn't-" I began, but Cersei gave me a pointed look, and I recoiled back in my chair a bit. "Who my father was... that isn't me, my Lord Hand."

   "I see." He rubbed the golden stubble on his chin. "So you agree... your father was a traitor?"

   I hesitated, tapping my fingers on my knee under the table, unsure of how to answer. The obvious reply would be 'no, of course not, he was a good man,' but I know that Tywin wanted to hear something different. And if I was going to survive in King's Landing for a bit longer, I would have to say what people wanted to hear.
   It wouldn't hurt if I wasn't telling the truth nearly as much as it would if I was, I thought.

   "I loved my father." I said quietly. "Just as most daughters do, as Cersei loves you. And it greatly pained me to see him go, and of course I wish there could have been some other way... but Joffrey is the true king, and he conspired against him. That's treason. He's a traitor. And my brother... was just trying to save my father. I'm sure he thought he could- or avenge him, one of the two. He was a stupid little boy, always was. My family, I suppose, has a knack for doing all the wrong things for the right reasons."

    Tywin cleared his throat, a bit impressed at my answer. Cersei seemed almost shocked. "Now that we've got that out of the way." He spoke, "Did you conspire with my son to murder Joffrey? Did you know previously that his death was coming? Did Tyrion say anything to you?"

   "No, my Lord Hand- I told you, I had nothing to do with the King's murder. I didn't know it was going to happen, and Tyrion certainly didn't mention anything to me, if he even did commit the crime."

   "What do you mean, even if he did?" Cersei asked me. "Are you unsure that he is to blame?"

   "Of course I am. He's my husband." I said, although it hurt me to say the words. "I didn't want to marry him, not really, but I understood what must be done. In the short time that I've known him, Tyrion has proved himself to be kind and sympathetic towards me, especially after the deaths of my brother and mother." I looked directly at him when I said this, and a ghost of a smile crossed his lips. "I know that King Joffrey and his uncle didn't get along very well, but I'm sure he, like me, had nothing to with the murder."