XXII.

Psst. Hey, you. Yeah, you, reading this. I love you😙, and you're beautiful.

Short chapter, but POV change!

"The lone wolf dies while the pack survives."

<Sansa Stark>

   "Dorne. It's going to Dorne." I explained to Shae as we watched ships leave the bay, their sails billowing in the slight wind.

"Why Dorne?" She asked. She was always one to ask questions. But here lately, she had become my closest friend. I trusted Paityn, but not as much as a sister should. Mother had too, warned me about the Lannisters, and I was angry at my sister for blatantly disobeying, but also betraying our family by loving the enemy. Paityn actually loved her, not like I had been pretending with Joffrey. Part of me wanted to be happy for her, but the other part of me... she could be so ignorant sometimes.

"It's carrying silk," I replied, snapping out of my thoughts as Shae's hand came to rest on my shoulder. "And it's supposed to bring back wine in exchange."

"Are you alright?" She asked me, concerned as I sighed, looking back at the Lannister soldier who watched over us protectively.

"The ship isn't coming back." I said, purposely avoiding her question with something that wasn't true. "The captain's tired of risking his life so King's Landing lords and ladies can get drunk on better wine than they deserve. He's going to stay in Dorne. Wait out the winter where it's beautiful and warm."

"I met some people in Dorne who weren't so beautiful and warm." She replied.

"Don't ruin the game." I told her.

"I told you, I don't want to play." She responded. "Now, are you going to tell me why that pretty head of yours is thinking too hard?"

"What about that one there?" I asked, ignoring her offers of confidence and comfort once again.

"That one? It's going to Volantis." She replied boredly.

"Why?"

"Because when I got on a ship in Volantis, it looked like that one."

"That's not how the game works." I whined. "You're not supposed to just blurt out the right answer. You've got to invent a story about where the ship is going and why."
"Why should I make up a story when I know the truth?" Shae asked.

"Because the truth is always either terrible or boring." I replied, which was in fact, the truth.

"Lovely day for it." A voice called from behind us and we both turned, finding Littlefinger there. I clasped my hands together as he continued, "Watching the ships."

"Lord Baelish." I refused to meet his eyes.

"Might I speak with Lady Sansa alone for a moment?" He asked Shae, and I didn't want her to go, but I nodded.

Littlefinger helped me from my seat and we stood by the edge of the dock; me watching him and him watching the waves.

"I saw your mother not long ago. She's very eager to see you and Paityn. And your younger sister."

I looked at him, bewildered and surprised. "Arya's alive?" He didn't reply. "You said you'd take us home, Paityn and I."

"You said King's Landing was your home." He replied smoothly. "You are the property of the crown. Stealing you would be treason. And your sister... I think she rather likes it in the Queen's bed, what about you?"

I felt the anger flare up inside me as I clasped my hands together. "I can't stay here." I blurted. "She can do as she likes, but I can't stay here with the cruelty and the perversion, and... and..." I hadn't noticed the tears that began to fall until Petyr reached up and brushed one of them away with his thumb.

"I understand. But if someone were to find out-"

"I won't tell anyone." I said quickly, and he cocked his head.

"How do I know?"

"Because I'm a terrible liar. You said so yourself." He smiled and looked at his polished shoes, already covered in dust from the city streets. "Please, Lord Baelish. Tell me what to do. Tell me when."

"I'm waiting for word on an assignment that will take me far away from the capital." He replied. "When I set sail, I might be able to take you with me. But you'll need to be ready to leave on a moment's notice." I nodded and he seemed impressed. " And remember... you cannot tell anyone."

"I won't tell anyone." I replied.

"Not even your sister?"

"Not even my sister." I replied, and he was satisfied, because he walked away, leaving me alone, watching the waves draw back and forth, and listening to the sounds of the water rippling around the rocks.

"My lady," Shae came up behind me, the words sounding very foreign from her already-foreign tongue. "Come, we should get inside now."

Some dialogue from Season 3, Episode 1, Valar Dohaeris