XXIV.

Thank you so much for reading😘 I particularly like this chapter. Who else thinks Lady Olenna is one of the most savage characters on Game of Thrones? Game of Thrones women also have such beautiful eyes. Who do you think has the best eyes? 😍

There came a knock at my chamber door; fairly early in the morning. Rays of sun were shining into the room through the curtains and I was sitting in my usual wear, reading a book.

   I hesitated before going to the door, not knowing who would want to visit. My sister hadn't spoken to me since I stood up to Lord Baelish and Cersei was busy most of the time getting mocked by her brother or attending council meetings.

   The man named Loras Tyrell stood in the corridor, wearing a beige tunic with blue, patterned sleeves, a golden rose pinned to his chest.

   "Lady Paityn Stark." He greeted, though it sounded more of a question as I nodded and allowed him to come in. "Forgive me, I'm afraid we haven't met."

   "No, forgive me, Ser Loras, I don't make myself as known as Sansa."

   "Sansa. Lovely girl." He said, taking my hand and kissing it. "Though you are, also very lovely. Though you favor your father more."

   "Thank you, Ser." I bowed my head, waiting politely for him to state his business.

   "Now that we've shared our greetings," he spoke, "my sister, Margaery, insists on meeting the Stark children. Would you care to take the air with her, our grandmother, and your sister in the gardens? I would be delighted to escort you if you will."

   "Of course." I replied, anxious to meet this fair Margaery that has Cersei so stressed lately. "Tales of your sister's beauty have never been far from my ears." I said to him once we began walking down the dim corridor.

   "Oh yes, she is very beautiful." He replied, his arm loose and welcoming in my own. "And, if you will, I fear my curiosity is peaking. I must ask a question of you."

   "Ask, if you must." I replied as we found our way out of the Red Keep.

   "Odd choice of clothing, I must say. I only met one other woman who dressed like a man, and she beat me in a swordfight." He paused. "Meaning no offense."
   "Of course." I replied. "Well, I find that I did not take up needlework as my sister, and am not fond of things that I can't ride horses or climb trees in."

   "Ah." Ser Loras said. "I see."

   "My sister and I never liked dresses, to put it frankly, and the day that my mother told us we didn't have to if we didn't want to still remains one of my fondest memories."

   "Your sister..." He pondered, the aroma of flowers wafted into my nose as we found ourselves in the gardens, strolling past chatting women and buzzing bees. "Arya, isn't it?"

   "Yes." I replied. "I have many siblings."

   "So I've heard." He said, and we were met by a brunette woman, his sister, Margaery.

   "Paityn, right?" She smiled widely at me, almost blinding me with the whiteness of her teeth and the warmth of her light blue eyes.

   "Margaery." I replied, and I couldn't help to return the smile.

   She bit her bottom lip as her eyes flicked downward, and then back up to my own, a melodious laugh spilling from her lips.

   "Forgive me." She said, and I shook my head.

   "There's nothing to forgive." I replied, and her brother bowed curtly beside me, as if reminding me of his presence.

   "Pleasure to meet you, Lady Stark." He told me, kissing my hand once more before taking his leave politely.