XV.

Long chapter😊

  "May the Seven guide the princess on her journey." The magister spoke as several men waded out into Blackwater Bay, taking a small boat with them. Princess Myrcella was on that boat. She was crying softly, her red face and puffy eyes too much for me to bear.

"May the Mother give her health."

I had known Myrcella well; she was a beautiful, innocent girl, with golden locks and emerald eyes like her mother and father. She didn't know about her father, though, and I was glad that she didn't. She didn't know about her mother and I, either, for which I was also glad. She didn't need the corruption in her life that she was getting, or would have gotten had she stayed. King's Landing was a cruel place, and I was only a few steps from hopping on the boat with the poor girl. But I had my sister to take care of; to protect from Joffrey.

"May the Crone give her wisdom." The magister held a smoking pot as he spoke, and Cersei stood behind him, a gold cloak at her side, while her brother, Tyrion (I had just recently learned his name), was standing on a block, as to see over the fat man. I stood with my sister near King Joffrey. "May the Warrior give her courage." The men who had been wading began to come back as the ship's oars moved, steering the men and Princess through the small canal made by two lumps of rock.

I glanced over at Cersei, and, while her face showed no emotion, her jaw clenched and she spoke to her brother, who looked off at his crying niece. I strained to hear what she said to him.

"One day I pray you love someone. I pray you love her so much, when you close your eyes, you see her face. I want that for you." She said, and as I closed my eyes, I felt she was speaking to me. But the truth was, I loved her in exactly that way. I closed my eyes and I saw her golden hair and emerald eyes, I dreamed of her quiet, raspy voice, and I loved her with everything that I had. Which, despite being highborn, wasn't much anymore. I sighed deeply, and felt Sansa reach behind her back, taking my hand.

"I want you to know what it's like to love someone, to truly love someone. Before I take her from you."

Her brother turned towards her, and walked away without saying a word. Cersei's jaw tightened again, and she turned her head, making direct eye contact with me. She looked at me oddly, almost like she was guilty, her lips moving as if to say something, before I looked away. Tommen sobbed quietly, which seemed to annoy Joffrey.

"You sound like a little cat mewling for his mother." He scowled. "Princes don't cry."

"I saw you cry." Sansa said, involuntarily, and I squeezed her hand.

"Did you say something, my lady?" Joffrey almost snapped. Sansa quickly changed what she was saying as to not make him upset. I decided that she was good at playing her innocence, unlike me and Arya.

"My little brother cried when I left Winterfell."

"So?"

"It seems a normal thing." Sansa replied.

Joffrey bit his lip in annoyance. "Is your little brother a prince?"

"No."

The King shrugged, frowning. "Not really relevant then, is it?"

He looked at her, Sansa's nails digging into my hand nervously, when he left, Meryn giving me a side-glare as he followed his King, who gestured also to the Hound, Sandor Clegane. "Come, dog."

The Hound's face seemed to pinch slightly, as if he was irked by the King, which gave me some comfort.

We all followed His Grace, even though the magister was still mumbling things about the Seven and strength, lead by several gold cloaks.