Chapter 5. Heart-felt.

"Lexi."

"Relax, I am not a man-eater."
There was a hint of humor in his voice and Lexi blushed. She was not used to such affections and now she could feel the pixdust butterflies in her stomach.

"I...I.."

"You?" He moved his hand up and down her arm trying to relax her but it only caused the blood to rise to her cheeks. Plus Regina's glare was making it more difficult and she closed her eyes in a silent prayer.

Adrian once again relaxed back on the chair leaving her to her thoughts and muttered quietly, "You are different."

"Sorry?"

It was as if she was asking him to compliment her more and he shook his head with a smirk. "Nothing."

Lexi is about to speak but shut her mouth noticing Regina's glare and Adrian gritted his teeth in irritation.

"Ignore her."

"You don't know what will happen if she found me alone." Lexi muttered dryly and Adrian chuckled.

Adrian was sure that he did'nt know how to smile but here this beautiful butterfly was making him feel things.

Butterfly!

"Do you want me to be your knight in shining armor?" Adrian asked playfully and Lexi pursed her lips to prevent the gasp from escaping her lips.

This time the teacher prevented the talk as he glared at them to be quiet. Nothing more was said after that but Lexi knew for sure that she had started to develop feelings for this boy.

Adrian!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Why are you smiling?" Zoe asked as she sat down beside Lexi in the computer class.

"What?" Lexi asked softly keeping her eyes on the screen and avoiding her eyes but there was a slight tension in her voice which Zoe caught onto easily.

"Lexi?" Zoe smiled slyly as she turned on the CPU of her computer. "Are you in love?"

"Oh gosh Zoe, No," Lexi said with a frown plastered on her face but Zoe didn't buy her words at all.

"So, who is the boy?"

"Zoe!" Lexi warned and Zoe rolled her eyes at Lexi.

"Oh come on! I know that look."

"With Sebastian?" Lexi quoted playfully and Zoe turned red before she glared at her.

"Lexi!"

"What?"

"Don't change the subject." Zoe scowled at her and Lexi sighed.

"I am not."

"Lexi?" Zoe put her hand on Lexi's shoulder and Lexi hummed.

"Do you like someone?"

Lexi's heart skipped a beat as those blue eyes appeared in front of her and a smile made way onto her lips.

"Aye, you do," Zoe said loudly, gaining attention from other students and Lexi glared at Zoe who gave her a sheepish smile.

"So, who?" Zoe wiggled her eyebrows at her best friend playfully and Lexi pursed her lip, trying to keep his memory away but it failed as he entered the class with Regina in tow.

No surprise there!! Lexi rolled her eyes at the scene and Zoe surely captured her intense gaze on certain someone.

"Lexi and Adrian sitting on the tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G..........." Zoe whispered to her and Lexi immediately put her hand on her mouth but Zoe smirked as she noticed the tint of pink on cheeks.

"Zoe." Zoe noticed the unshed tears in Lexi's eyes and frowned as a tear roll down her cheek.

"Hey, what's wrong Lexi?" Zoe asked wiping the lone tear off her face and Lexi sighed.

"Father has prohibited any kind of relationship with humans," Lexi said and Zoe sighed.

"You like him, don't you?" Zoe asked and Lexi nodded with a tearful smile.

"So, Dad will not stop you from doing something that will make you happy," Zoe answered truthfully and Lexi looked at Adrian, only to find him looking at her with concern.

Zoe smiled as she noticed the eye contact and Adrian do head nod as if asking 'what happened?'.

Lexi shook her head with a nervous smile and he sighed as if tired of her childishness.

"..ahem..ahem...." Zoe coughed falsely and Lexi diverted her attention to Zoe before she rolled her eyes at Zoe's tantrums.

"What?"

Before Zoe could have her full of teasing Lexi, her phone buzzed and Lexi looked at the screen to find 'Soon to be hubby' blinking on the screen.

Lexi nudged Zoe playfully and Zoe blushed before locking her phone.
"Soon to be hubby, eh?"

"Yeah, like you and Adr-" Lexi immediately put her hand on her mouth and glared at her.

"Walls have ears, Zoe."

"But they don't have a mouth to pass on the words, Lexi," Zoe said, after removing her hand from her mouth.

Lexi rolled her eyes at Zoe and Zoe rolled her eyes back at Lexi. They both look at each other in dismay and burst out laughing.

Adrian looked at the two girls and a smile appear on his lips as Zoe fix Lexi's feather earring which earned a smile from her but she being the mischievous one ruffled Zoe's hairs, earning herself a scowl.

Sisters! Best friends!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*Don't forget to vote and comment*