Twenty Three

Dante's pov

"Les etoile shine like diamonds in the eyes of those who believe in magic in love~" I whispered as my fingers ran through his hair.
"Les etoile beat like hearts in the souls who know to stay not to run...."
"How do you know that song?"
"It used to be a lullaby my mom would song before she well went with Les etoile."
"So you live with your siblings and father."
"I never knew my father. I should probably mention it now but I'm a foster kid."
"Oh, I should have figured you made it quite obvious."
"Hey don't act so glum it's not like everything is too horrible for me." He held my face in his hands, "I've got you after all." He kissed me gently on the lips before turning back to the show we were watching.

We watched for a little, before I looked at my phone to check the time, "It's almost midnight Vylad let's get you home."
"Oh alright," He sat up from laying on my lap.
I stood up dragging him with me.

He groaned as I turned the light on. We walked down stairs. We put on our shoes. Everytime Vylad comes over I walk with him back to his place.

"Have a nice night," I said hugging him in the alley way.
"You too Dante," He let go and climbed up the ladder. I walked away, all I heard as I left was faint yelling. I would go back but I knew it was probably just garroth being mad at Vylad for coming back so late.

~The next day, at school~

Vyalds pov

"Hey vylad!" Dante said running up to me as I greeted him with a smile.
"Hey!" He smiled back quickly.
"Sleep well?"
"Like an angel," I knew that was a lie because he had bags so big a rich suburban mom could carry her shopping spree in them under his eyes.
"That's a lie you've got grocery bags under your eyes."
"Ok I had a little trouble sleeping but whatever."
"Yeah yeah, I was just talking with Travis and it seems he's got a thing for your brother."
"Oh obviously saw them together in the library and honestly they were so close even I'm not allowed that close to him without getting yelled at."
"Wow."
"I know right. Well I gotta go classes are starting."
"See you!"
"See ya!"

The day sped by which wasn't the best thing in all honesty. I met with aphmau after school. We're the only two going home today as Garroth didn't bother showing up.

When we got home he wasn't there. Who knows what the hell he's doing?.

"Hey you wanna clean this place up or what about we just jump on all the furniture?" Aphmau chuckled.
"Yeah I thinks it's best we clean up. That was the worst night we had in a while."
"It started out great with me saw a cute guy or girl couldn't tell probably something in between who cares."
"Mine was too I got to cuddle up with Dante for hours and he bought me ice cream."
"Yep but life's only perfect outside these walls," aphmau said.
"True day," I tossed her the broom.
"Be careful glass."
"Oh thanks almost stepped in it."
"What even happened before I got home."
"I was sleeping but then Zane got home and all I heard was yelling so I woke up and screamed at everyone to keep it down and then I was suddenly part of this argument I had no idea what was going on. Then you got home and well you weren't greeted to kindly."
"No I enjoy a glass bottle being smashed next to me and then jumping to the bed fearing for my life."
"Oh that's hot."
"You know I feel like crying but I'm so dead inside."
"Do you think garroths alright?"
"No."
"Can't you be optimistic?"
"I calls em how I sees em," I joked trying to keep the mood good.
"Let me guess you told Dante everything that happened last night?"
"Actually I didn't say a word...."
"Something are best unsaid."
"And unwritten," I said picking up the now tattered notebook.
"What's going to happen when ivy gets home?"
"Nothing. I won't let anything happen," I said hugging my sibling.
"Alright. Are you gonna go leave to go with Dante?"
"Not today. We can have family time," I said as we swept the floors clean.
"Well more like not alone buddy time."
"Yeah not alone buddy time."
We smiled at each other softly. Once we had finished cleaning I picked up the notebook again.

{Vylad, May 25th,

    Not much to say today. I don't think any of us really feel like saying anything do we. At the end of the day this stuff happens. I'm going to go read and see if Zane or garroth wrote what happened.}

So that's what I did, and I was to no avail.

I went out into the living room and sat by aphmau.

"What do you wanna do?" She asked.
"Lets go outside. I think we both need the change of scenery."
"I agree."

We went outside then. Both a little confused but happy to be away. I may go stay at Dante's tonight. I'll let aphmau come.