Eighteen

Vyalds pov

"Yeesh yeesh do you have to cover my eyes?" I chuckled as Dante started leading me up to his room.
"Yes, yes I do."
"Am I being kidnapped?"
"No silly."
"Then can I open my eyes."
"Not yet...... Ok now! Happy birthday vylad."
"Ooo a box!"
"No it's a present, I thought you were the smart one?"
"Oh um yeah I totally knew that I was just playing with you."
"Well open it."
I took the box from Dante's hand and began to try and undo the ribbon.
I can say with a positive that I had been doing it for five minutes before Dante decided to help me.
"You're hopeless Vylad."
"Very much so."
"Here, now all you have to do is take the top off."
"I'm afraid my sml frail hands can not wrap around this box."
"Seriously, this game."
"This game."
"Ugh," I could see the reluctant look in his eyes as he decided to pop the lid off for me. I smiled the same smile I give people when I'm being a sarcastic little hoe.
"What is it?" I said looking at it, he picked it up and grabbed my wrist.
"It's a bracelet."
"Oh um I'm pretty stupid..."
"Says the smartest guy in our school."
"Book smart not life smart."
"I can tell," He giggled, "Well happy birthday vyald."
"Oooo it's shiny!"
"Yeah I thought you'd like it."
"I love it! This is the best gift I've gotten in a while," I gave him a squishy hug for thanks.

He ruffled my hair as I forced him to waddle around the room as I hugged him.
"You sure do like hugging people..."
"I love hugging people~"
"Does the bracelet even fit you?"
"Yup it fits just fine."
"Glad to hear that Vyald."
"Dante!" Gene said suddenly bursting into the room.
"Yeah gene?" He asked as I let go of him.
"Dis I interrupt something?"
"What- no he was just thanking me for the gift I got him."
"Alright... Well either way I need you to come on a magical adventure with me!"
"Why?"
"Because I'm not allowed to leave you alone with your friend because our parents don't trust either of us!"
"Fun, well vylad you can just go if you want or you can come with us."
"Live on the wild side~" his brother joked.
"You're a lot nicer now that I hang around Dante."
"I have soft spots.... Under all of my cold steel metal doors."
"And emo music"
"Well um I guess I'll come with you though..." I said softly.
"Alright let's go!"
"Where are we even going?"
"A magical place I like to call 'zenix's house'."
"Ooo yay I get to annoy my brothers boyfriend."
"He so not my boyfriend.... We are just friends.... with benefits."
"No! You are to Young! To Beautiful!"
"I know, I'm a queen, let's go!"
After gene left the door and we strated heading to go meet him the car I decided to speak, "The last time I heard someone say no you are to Young to beautiful is when Zane and I were contemplating suicide. Fun times.
"Um no not fun times. How come you never told me this out of the eight  months I've been your lab partner??"
"About the suicide thing? Probably because it was like last week."
"What?!"
"Yeesh yeesh we were both just doing very poorly but I'm doing better now ok. Everyone has their down days but they'll get through it. It just take some people time..."
"Well then how's your brother?" He asked grabbing his sweater off of the coat rack.
"He's doing pretty good, he's been disappearing more often then usual but granite we all have."
"Hurry up lover boy!" Gene called.
"Let's get going."

Dante's​ Pov [Also like why did I make gene so likeable he was supposed to be hated??? Oh well I have the tendency to do that.]

I could have sat in shot gun but I sat in the back next to vylad. He stared out of the window as Gene drove.
"So um how far away does Zenix live again.?" I asked.
"Oh not far. We're almost there actually, knowing me though we're going to hut every red light on the way there."
"Sounds fun.'
Vylad didn't speak a word the entire ride there.

"So then I say 'Well I guess you'll have to let this one slide' and then like two seconds later I'm slapped on the face for making a pun."
We were all sat in zenix's living room while gen told us one if his many tales.
He was far too distracted with zenix though I think to even remember vylad or I had even come with him.

"You've been pretty quiet? Is everything alright?" I asked him.
"Oh yeah."
"Is our conversation from earlier bugging you?"
"No it's not that..... I don't know I guess I just feel a little distant sense you're so close to Gene and to me he's still the guy who made my life a living hell this past year, not to mention my crappy life in general."
"Oh.. I never really thought about it like that..."
"Plus I've got a whole other lot of emotions but like highschool relationships never work out, Zane was once telling me about this book where they all the main characters knew each other in highschool, two of them were best friends but got into an argument and never talked for years. And then he was telling me how in the second book two guys left for there jobs and the other guy left to be famous ditching them all for a homophonic manager. Then they all lose touch and everyone's panic and emo mcemoson thinks his ex-boyfriend is dead. The only other thing Zane told me about those books is that you can slowly see the author loosing their fucks to give."
"What were we talking about again?"
"I have no idea."

I smiled lightly at vyald as I covered his eyes like I did earlier.
"This is harassment," He said.
"You guys better keep it PG over there!" I yelled as Gene gave me the middle finger.
"Wait whats going on?"
"Too innocent you is. Too innocent."
"I don't even want to know whats happening."
"Vyald and I are just going to go out on your deck."
"Good call," Zenix snarled. He's surprisingly the mean one of the two, or maybe it's just because I always 'ruin the fun' as they both put it.

I took vyald out back to the decks steps. We sat down on them as he fiddled with his bracelet.
"Are you sure you like it?"
"What? Of course I like it."
"Just making sure."
He smiled up at me, "So you're 16 right?"
"Yep, and you're 14 right?"
"Mhm, so that makes our age difference around two years?"
"Yeah just over two years sense my birthday according to days of the year is before yours."
"Well that isn't too big of an age Gap."
"No, not at all really. Sooooooooo quick question.."
"Which is?"
"So um uh who do you like?"
"I like a guy who's tall and also has the brain the size of a peanut."
"Wow... You like literally everyone in our school."
"Correction, he's exactly 6'3."
"Funny, I'm 6'3."
"Well that's a coincidence. What about you?"
"Well I like a short dude, Who can only run fast if someone or something is chasing him."
"Wow.... Didn't know you were into my emo brother Zane."
"It's not him."
"Yeah, he has a boyfriend."
"He does?"
"I mean he hasn't​ openly said it but like we all know it...."
"I see.... So this person you like must be very nice...."
"So seems the person you like...."
We were both giving each other that look that said 'How ling can our ignorance go?'.
"So...."
"Sooooo...."
"Sooooooooo..." I said.
"How long our we going to ignore the painfully obvious fact we like each other? I mean we fucking made out while you were wine drunk playing truth or dare."
"Hey! Watch that sailors mouth hoe."
"Dante have you met me?"
"No."
"Dante please."
"If you need me I'm going to go drown myself in my neighbours pool."
"Dante."
"Nope I can walk back there send my family my regards."
"Dante."
"Good bye vylaaadddddd."
"Dante Hoe ass Ocean you better get back here or I will climb on top of that roof and sing the entire soundtrack to every single Barbie movie I can remember as loud as I can."
"Ok ok, and the answer to your question earlier is forever and ever because I will die alone a cat Horder in the middle of disappointment island."
"Ugh, You're brain really is the size of a peanut."
"Well um, we shouldn't go back in there unless we want to be scared for life... Annnnddddd that's very hurtful. Plus um uh," I sat down, "I have no idea where I'm going with this."
"Well I know where I want this to go."
"I'm pretty sure we're like on the same page here mentally."
"Well then like take it away Dante. I mean aren't you fliterymcflirterson?"
"I mean well....... Fuck it."