In the Night- Chapter Two

Chapter II

I let sleep take over as I relaxed into bed. I no longer had to attend school since I was technically a full grown werewolf so tomorrow I would take Jinny to school then it would just be Johnny and I since Dad still took care of his duties from London. I was nearly full sleep mode when there was a click, I heard it because of my wolf hearing. I dismissed it as the neighbours, Jack Devvi coming home late from work, until there was silent footsteps.

Jinny doesn't usually wake at two in the morning and go downstairs, and these steps were coming up. I held my breath and tightly shut my eyes. There was a creak and then nothing, I sighed knowing it was just Jinny, probably went downstairs to get a drink of water. Plus I locked the doors after Johnny left.

I got up, opening my door and walking toward the stairs. Suddenly a hand went around my waist and before I could scream another came to my mouth. There was no smell, they had no scent, they were here for Jinny and I.

'Johnny! Help!' I screamed through the link as I tried to struggle away from the person, obviously wolf, who had a hold on me.

'Cass, what is it?' his groggy voice replied as I started to loose the fight.

"Give me the cloth!" a husky voice growled. His hand was gone for a millisecond before it returned, pressing something cotton to my mouth and nose. I held my breath and stopped struggling. "Come on princess, breathe for me," he whispered in my ear.

'Get here, fast, save Jinny,' I whispered. I couldn't take it anymore and had to breathe in. The world spun and I slumped against the man, feeling myself slip.

'Cassie, hold on, fight them!' Johnny's voice faded. He saw through the link, he saw what I saw.

'Find me,' I whispered before I blacked out.

Johnny's POV

I raced to Cassie's house, finding the back door wide open when I got there. I raced inside and up the steps to Cassie's room first. Outside the door signs of obvious struggle presented itself. The red rug on the marble floor was crinkled and askew. The mirror was smashed and blood was on the jagged edges, her blood, from what I saw she kicked it. The picture of alpha's family from years ago was on the floor. I picked it up and looked through the broken glass.

It had been the last picture taken of the full family before Cassie's older brother Jasper was killed in a rogue ambush. Jinny had been six, Cassie was eleven, and Jass was eighteen. Jass was my best friend, I was meant to be his beta when he became alpha, the reason I'm his father's beta now. I set it down and stood up to fight off the wave of sadness coming along. I checked Cassie's room to find it neat and clean except for the bed clothes that were pulled back. I raced to Jinny's room and sighed only half in relief as I saw Jinny's sleeping form. I loved Cassie and I don't want to loose her as I did Jass.

"Jinny?" I whispered, shaking her shoulder.

She groaned, turning her head to look a me. "Johnny? Where's Cassie, I thought you left?"

I couldn't suppress the whimper that escaped my lips as I sank to the floor. There was no scent of either Cass or her kidnappers, there was no way to track my beautiful girlfriend.

"Johnny, what is it?" Jinny asked, sliding out of bed to kneel next to me.

"These people, they took Cassidy, they took your sister."

"W-what are we gonna do?" she asked.

I got shakily to my feet, digging into my pocket and pulling out my phone. "We have to call your Dad, we have to..."

"Johnny, what's wrong?" she asked.

"I lost your brother, my best friend, and now I've lost the love of my life," I whispered finally letting a tear fall.

-Vote, Comment, Share-