In the Night- Epilogue

Epilogue

*10 months later*

Johnny's POV

I sat in the waiting room, nearly unable to do even that for somewhere behind those closed doors, my mate was holding my baby. After Cassie recovered we decided that we deserved or fresh start, the baby was the outcome of a beautiful night spent with my mate. I swear that these past months have been the most stressful months of my life. Not only with the baby, but the concern of Drake ever coming back and the impending Supernatural War. I jumped up suddenly when a nurse appeared at the doors they had taken my mate through hours ago.

"Alpha Johnathan, how would you like to meet you new baby girl?" she asked politely with a nice smile.

I was unable to form words at this point as I eagerly jumped up and followed the nurse, my hands becoming clammy. As we walked down the hall she stopped and allowed my mate instincts to lead me to my mate and the new bond I was forming with my baby as well. When I made it to the door I took a deep breath before opening the door to my future.

Half laying half sitting on the bed was my mate with a wrapped pink bundle in her arms. She looked up at me as the door shut, smiling with a tired smile but that didn't dissuade the love I saw in those depths.

"Do you want to hold her?" she asked quietly, I'm not sure if it was because the baby was asleep or that she was just tired.

I nodded my head vigorously, stepping forward on shaky legs and gently taking the bundle from Cassie's outstretched arms. She was beautiful. She had dark brown hair and fair white skin, her eyes closed, her breathing steady.

"She's beautiful," I whispered finally finding words. "She's beautiful and perfect just like her mother, does she have a name yet?"

I looked over at my mate, the bearer of my pup and name and knew when I chose her that I made the right choice. Cassie was my life, this little girl, our little girl was our life, I didn't need anyone to tell me this.

"No, but I was thinking; what about Carter?" she asked.

I reached out, balancing our baby carefully in one arm, and gently touched my mate's cheek before leaning over and kissing her softly.

"Carter Abigail Cateel," she whispered when I pulled back to see her face.

"I love it, I love you."

"I love you too Johnny," she replied.

"Carter," I said, trying it on my tongue. "Welcome home baby girl."

Through everything, we had made it, we were a family now and I wasn't ever going to give that up; not for the world.

<Fin>