In the Night- Chapter Three

Chapter III

Cassie's POV

I woke up with a groan and tried to sit up only to find my wrists and legs bond to the bed. There was a very little amount of light, but I could make out little things. There was a musky scent to the room, the bed was a guys bed, black with and grey sheets with blue flame patterns. The walls were dark grey and one window let in beginning dawn light behind black curtains. The door opened slow enough to allow me to pretend to be asleep. I happened to have perfected the act over the last seven years.

"Good, she's still asleep, Walter, come," the deep voice that commanded me to breathe whispered.

I refused to tense as I felt two figures approach me and a soft yet firm hand turned my face toward where they stood.

"Alpha, you know how much trouble our pack would get into if her father knew we had taken her?" a different voice asked.

"None. Both her and our scents were covered when we had taken her. The alpha will know that she was taken, but not who had taken her."

"How do you know that? What about the beta kid, her little boyfriend?"

I forced my body to remain limp at the mention of Johnny, how did they know, how long have these men been watching me? The man's hand slid from my cheek and two steps were taken.

"They will not know, I can guarantee that. They still believe that it was rogues that killed Jasper when we both know that it was our pack."

I couldn't stop my body from tensing at the mention of my long dead brother. I whimpered, struggling to get my wrists from the restraints when I felt a pair of calloused hands wrap around my wrists. I opened my eyes to find myself staring into black-grey eyes. He had brown hair and tan skin to add to his perfectly muscled body. I didn't care about his well toned body; I cared about getting answers.

"Where's my sister?" I growled silently through a scratchy throat.

"You must care a lot for your sister to ask about her well being first," the other man said.

"Where is she?" I choked out.

"Our objective was you, no harm has come to your little sister, she is still sleeping soundly at your old house," the man holding my wrists replied. Old? What the hell, they think I'm staying here they're out of their damn minds.

"Why the hell have you kidnapped me? Even if you're rogue, you know who's daughter I am if you were able to get into my house."

"I am no rogue my dear, and I can care less who your father is, the fact that you're mine and he can't take you from me gives me no reason to care."

"You're out of your damn mind if you think I belong to you," I growled. "My Dad will find me and he will kill you, so will Johnny," they were talking about him, they obviously know who he is.

"Really? Then how come they still haven't caught my pack for the killing of your brother?"

Even though I already knew this fact, I still flinched. "You're a liar, we know that rogues killed Jass, we found rogues hanging around him, still... attacking him."

"Ah, but they didn't kill him, do you want to know who administered the final blow that killed your dear brother?"

A traitorous tear escaped my eye and I turned my face away, feeling his breath hit my ear. "Please, stop," I whispered with a shaky voice.

"So you want me to tell you?"

"No," my voice cracked.

His lips came down to my ear, his breath hot on my skin, sending a shiver down my spine. "It was me," he whispered. "Tore his heart right from his chest."

-Vote, Comment, Share-