In the Night- Chapter Fifteen

Chapter XV

Cassidy's POV

I walked to the lake on the edge of the territory and sat down at the waters' edge, looking into the glimmering water. A tear streamed from my eye. It was for Jinny, and Mom, and Dad, they don't deserve what they are given, nor was Jass, he was so happy and full of life, then Drake ended it. Jass didn't deserve it, all the pain that Mom, Dad, Jinny, and Johnny were put through, they didn't deserve it. I wish there was another way out, but there's no hope for that.

"Good, you're here," I heard a very familiar voice.

I gasped and turned my head to see Drake standing there in a blue collared shirt with a black tie and black slacks. I stood up and looked down at what I was wearing, a flowing white dress.

"So, are we going to go or not?" I asked.

He held out his hand, I took a cautious step forward and took it, wincing when I found it unusually cold. He smiled and pulled me into the darkness of the woods, I stared at out hands, afraid to meet his eyes.

"What about my family?" I asked quietly.

"They're dead," he said simply.

I froze and finally looked up at his face as he continued to pull me along thought the forest. "What do you mean, we had a deal? I come with you and you let them go."

He laughed, a laugh that changed, and faster than lightening pushed me up against a tree, forcing the breath out of me at how cold he was. "We all die at the end of it all."

Suddenly the person pinning me was no longer Drake, but Jass instead.

"Jass, it can't be," I gasped.

"Surprise," he replied before forcefully kissing me.

I jolted awake, my breathing ragged and my body shaking out of pure fear. I jumped when I felt a hand on my shoulder before the lamp on the bedside table turned on. I wasn't in the forest, no, I was in Johnny's room from where we fell asleep in his cream coloured room.

"Cassie, what's wrong?" he asked sleepily.

I took one more ragged breath before moving my feet over the edge of the bed. "Nothing, just a dream," that was a big lie, that was no dream, that was a nightmare.

He moved so he was sitting next to me, and he was only in his boxers, I got a good view- no bad Cass!

"Please, Cass you can tell me," he whispered taking my hand in his.

"It was Drake, I met him in the forest by the lake, l-like the note said, a-and when he took me into the forest he told me that they were dead. He laughed and pinned me against a tree, but it wasn't Drake- well first it was Drake, but then his face morphed and he turned into Jasper."

"It was just a dream, you know I would never let Drake touch you, and Jasper is gone," Johnny said softly.

"But it felt real, I could feel how cold his hands were, I could feel the wind and see the darkness like no other dream. What if Jasper isn't dead?" I asked.

"Cassie, we both know that he is gone, we no longer feel him and you and I both saw his body."

~

I ran into the forest, against Dad's wishes, I had to see if it was true. Beta Johnny kept calling after me, telling me to come back, that my Dad didn't want this for me, but it was too late. I broke through the line of trees and my eyes went straight to the body crumpled on the floor. His bright blue eyes were dull and lifeless, blood spattered across his tan skin, his dark hair matted with it. I let out a sob and tried to run to him, to where Dad and Mom were but instead I collapsed into Beta Johnny's arms. This was the sight that no one wanted me to see.

~

"But what it that wasn't him?" I urged.

"It was his scent, his exact features, Cassie, you know that as well as I do that that body was his and that there was no way he survived it."

This didn't feel right, that was no dream, but I couldn't continue with this conversation. "You're right, let's just go back to bed so we can get ready for tomorrow."

"Hey, I love you," he said, kissing me softly.

"I love you too," I whispered. But will our love be strong enough to get my family back without hurting anyone?

-A.N. So, I'm making a new book, another werwolf book, as usual, anyone who has read my others should expect it by now. I would really appreciate it if you guys could check it out when it's up, it'll be called When It All Changed. It's about a girl, Lexius Tebathia, who had never been a normal wolf, she shifted at an unusual age, became an alpha born even though she was a Delta's daughter, and lost everything she ever had. Years later, her pack moves to the mysterious town of Shadow Falls where she meets someone who could change her entire life with one sentence. Read it, I'm begging you, it'll be good, I promise.

-Vote, Comment, Share-