In the Night- Chapter Eighteen

Chapter XVIII

Jinny's POV

"Let me go, please, let me go!" I yelled to the Alpha who was shoving me forward but kept a tight hold on my wrists. They were still sore from me trying to tug them from the restraints that bound me to the chair I was in not even ten minutes ago.

"Stop struggling, unless you want me to hurt you and let your sister watch!" he snarled making me stop struggling immediately. Poor Cassie, I didn't want her to take any risk for me, she should be happy after what he did to her, yet they won't let that happen.

"Isn't that what you're going to do to us anyway? Kill us and break Cassie's spirit, you'll only start a war by doing that."

"No, your Daddy is alpha, haven't you ever heard the fraise, 'kill the alpha, kill the pack.' What you once called Blood Lust pack will be reduced to rogues without their alpha."

"So, in other words, you plan to take what little amount that Cassie is staying alive with and destroy it, how do you know that she won't kill herself?" I hated the thought, but even I would understand if she did that to get away from this sick man.

"She won't hurt herself, not when she'll have my child in her womb, she isn't heartless."

He opened a set of doors and shoved me toward two men standing beside the open back of a van. They grabbed my arms and hoisted me into the van, it was nearly six by the looks of the setting sun.

"Alright, I want to get this over with quick, and be back with my mate even quicker. Make sure that the men are ready to kill Alpha Stanley as soon as I give the signal and then the pack."

Cassidy's POV

They covered Johnny's scent and my mark back at the town, they were prepared for an all out war, even Blood Moon, after hearing about my father and family, sent out some warriors to help if they tried to go after the pack. Jass was following me, somewhere in the trees, since no wolf nose could detect his vampiric scent, he was camouflaged. I saw the lake come into sight and my heart beat sped to the point where I was sure it'd jump out of my chest in three seconds. I looked at my phone in my pocket to find it said nine fifty-three. In seven minutes, someone I love may die if I didn't listen to Drake. I sat beside the lake, looking into the reflective surface almost in fear, this was too much like my dream, but I knew that Jass was here this time.

There was the sound of a vehicle a few minutes later, I didn't dare turn around as I heard it stop and a door open, a person's shoes scuffing the dirt and moss shore. They stopped a couple yards from me, me taking in a shaky breath before turning my head to look at him in the low light.

"Good, I wasn't sure if you were obedient enough to come as you were told," he said, not making a move to grab me.

"I had to make sure you didn't kill them, and if this is what I must do, then that is what I'm ready for."

"At least you are smart, you know what place you belong and you belong with me," he boasted.

"I know," I whispered. "Is my entire family with you, or just Jinny?" I asked, turning my head back to the glimmering pool.

"I promised that I would let them go, but no I only have your sister, would you like to see her one last time before we go home?" he asked, his hand on my arm, urging me to stand up.

I nodded, following his silent command, hating the feeling of his sick hands touching me, but I would endure it. His arm wrapped around my waist, holding my other wrist while his other hand held the one closest to him. The back doors of the van opened and a man stepped out, hauling a struggling Jinny with him. She caught my eyes, hers widening and she struggled even more.

"Cass, dot listen to him, he's going to kill us regardless!" she yelled.

"I gasped and looked at him, his grip tightening on my wrists.

"No one's going to die today, Alpha Drake!" my brothers voice boomed making everyone freeze except me. Drake's head whipped around and his eyes had widened, he knew Jass' just as well as I did. In a quick movement, he had my back pinned to his chest, one hand holding my wrists, the other holding a knife to my throat. Now is when I started to get incredibly scared, his pressure on the knife making it hard to breathe.

Jasper jumped from the trees, landing swiftly in front of us, his eyes blazing a red colour, he was very angry, I could tell.

"Well, Jasper, I thought I finished you a long time ago, damn vampires. If I were you, I would go back to your cave before I kill your sisters as I am going to do to your parents already."

"You think you can fool me now, Alpha Drake? I can smell your fear, and bot do I want more of it, maybe your blood in my mouth."

"The only blood you'll see is Cassie's if you don't stand down," Drake growled, pressing harder and making me whimper.

"I fucking swear, you take the knife away from her throat before I slit yours," I heard Johnny growl, smart vampire bringing Johnny along, sneaky, sneaky, sneaky.

There was the sound of a gun shot and then a high pitched scream. I gasped as I saw Jinny on the ground clutching her bleeding stomach with bound hands. The one who shot her was pointing right at Jasper, in the distraction, hell broke loose and I wasn't very lucky.

The knife disappeared from my throat, not without shallowly slashing it and stabbed into my side, Drake turning on Johnny as I fell to the floor.

There was a yell as Jasper killed the gunner and helped Johnny with pinning Drake to the ground. Jasper pinned him as Johnny ran over to me, my vision blacking away.

"Cassie, baby, stay with me..." I heard Johnny say before I was unconscious.

Jasper's POV

Drake disappeared from underneath me, I should've known it was a trick, I could faintly hear Johnny shouting my name but I was too focused on keeping from going vampire, Jinny's blood... Cassie's blood, I don't think I could handle it. But then I heard one of the hearts stop. I whipped around to face Cassie, but I could see that she was breathing, barely but breathing as Johnny picked her up and flashed away.

On shaky legs, I stumbled over to my other sister, Jinny lay motionless in a large pool of blood that was streaming into the lake, turning it red. I couldn't loose her, I knew that when Cassie... if Cassie recovered, she wouldn't be able to deal with Jinny's death. I had to save my sister, but there was only one way to do such a thing.

As a blood red tear leaked from my eye, I knew that there was no other choice. I closed my eyes, taking in Jinny's fresh blood scent, letting my fangs grow out and angling her head so I had full accessibility to her neck. Without a second delay, I plunged my fangs into her sensitive skin, knowing there was no turning back now. I was turning a person I told myself that I'd always protect.

-A.N. It's not a lot, but I promise you that the next chapter has a Drake's POV, Johnny's POV and another that will make the chapter very long. Sorry for all those that hate the idea of what Jasper had to do to save Jinny, but there's still the parents, so keep yourself thinking for a bit.

-Vote, Comment, Share-