In the Night- Chapter Fourteen

Chapter XIV

Drake's POV

I had to admit that I was proud of myself for being able to get all three of them at the same time. Jinny was a beautiful girl, almost as beautiful as my mate, but Cassie beat her. Their brother inherited those looks, it's almost a shame that he's dead, but who am I kidding, without him Cassie is the only one who could lead the pack, we would join the packs once she becomes pregnant. Jinny's voice pulled me from my thought as I looked down at her, her Mom and Dad too shocked to say a word.

"Why are you doing this to Cassie?" she whispered silently as tears started to stream down her face. Yes she was just like Cassie, caring only for the well being of her sister.

"She's my mate, I am only doing the best for her so that we can live our lives in happiness without that excuse of a beta that you have."

"She loves Johnny, she's happy with Johnny, why would you take her from that life to one so full of pain?"

That hurt. Jinny doesn't understand that we love each other, that we are soul mates, meant to be together. "Because we love each other."

"She knows love, but it's not from you, she lives to love Johnny. Bound in life, together through death, that's what they are."

I was seething with rage on the inside, he didn't love her, she loves me, he just wants the rank. But I wouldn't let that show to them as I brushed her soft cheek once again.

"He doesn't love her, nor never will love her as much as I do," I whispered before leaving the room, her father screaming after me.

Cassidy's POV

I heard my door open and close again, my eyes slightly blurry as I looked up to find a distressed Johnny. He came over to me, taking me into his arms and carrying me to the bathroom where he sat my still naked body down on the cold granite.

"Johnny, what is it?" I asked.

"That bastard... he took your family, and said he would kill them if you didn't go back and love him," he whispered.

My eyes widened and I gasped with my hand over my mouth as Johnny pulled my body closer to his. I started to cry on his shoulder, he was still taller with me on the counter. His grip tightened to where I almost couldn't breathe.

"I- I can't do this, he took my family, I can't do this," I sobbed. "I have to go back, I can't let them hurt Jinny, or Mom and Dad, the pack needs their alpha."

"No, I won't let you do that, I can't let you do that," he pulled me back so I was looking him in the eye. "We'll figure something out, but I will not let him take my mate, not again."

He took something; a piece paper from his pocket and threw it to the side.

"He won't let you win, he's clever, that's how he got me the first time."

"I'm more clever, I will never leave your side again if it means you'll be safe and in my arms."

I let out a sob and pressed my lips to his, trying to forget about everything that Drake has done, but how could I? My parents and sister are both in his evil hands. What if he tries to rape Jinny? No! He wanted me, not Jinny, she was so young, he wouldn't do that unless I didn't come back.

"Johnny, what about Jinny, what if he tries to...?" I couldn't finish that sentence, voicing my thoughts would hurt far too much.

"He won't, he promised no to touch them until tomorrow night," Johnny assured.

"What are we going to do?" I whispered, moving one hand to his shoulder and tilting my forehead to his.

He sighed and closed his eyes, bringing his hand to my cheek where he caressed it gently. "Why don't we take our shower and then we can mind link the third, Delta, and Gamma," he replied softly.