Home

Slamming his fist down the table, the Italian groaned and ran a hand through his hair in frustration. Once again, he had written something else rather than what he was supposed to. He can't focus, his thoughts were just a bunch of random words; nothing was forming.

Sighing, he crumpled yet another paper for the nth time that day. C'mon Lovino, it was years ago. Why can't you just move on? He was already long gone—disappeared, dead, never to see again! He threw the crumpled paper somewhere in the room in anger, tears threatening to fall down his eyes. No, Lovino. You have a work to finish, dammit. He grabbed his pen and started to write, when a ring on his doorbell startled him.

Normally, no one's visiting him. Or maybe it's Feliciano? No, he said he's out of town. And Lovino doesn't have any friends. Biting his lip, he stood up and dusted his clothing, walking out and down the stairs to the front door. Maybe he ordered a pizza and just forgot that he did—ah, well then, he had forgotten his wallet in his room. Well, whatever. He shrugged lightly, and raised a shaky hand to clutch the doorknob. Why was he shaking? Was he anxious? But there's nothing to be anxious about, right? Lovino sighed, and opened the door.

And his heart almost stopped.

His eyes must be tricking him right now—

"Hola, Lovino."

This can't be. He's dead! Dead, like a corpse! This must be his imagination; or a hallucination from his sleepless and cold nights that finally took effect. He shook his head, and turned to close the door, when it spoke.

"Lovino, wait! Don't you remember me?"

It had grabbed the said Italian's hand, and at that moment, Lovino knew he wasn't hallucinating. It was real; he was real. And he's not yet dead like what he had believed. He gasped lightly.

"I do, dammit," he had finally said after a few minutes, which felt like hours. Antonio smiled, and enveloped Lovino in a warm hug.

Warmth; oh, how he had missed this warmth. For the past years without him, he had felt cold. Nothing can warm him up; not even a blanket or a fire in the fireplace could. Only Antonio.

"That's good then—" came out a muffled response, and he emitted a small laugh. "Oh, Lovino. My lovely Lovino—I missed you so much. I'm so sorry."

Antonio peppered Lovino with kisses; on his head, on his forehead, on his nose and cheeks. But he stopped before he could even kiss the other male's lips, just gazing at Lovino with a smile.

"Te amo," Lovino missed that. Those words that just came out right whenever Antonio said it. He can't help but to smile back.

"I love you too."

Four words was all Antonio need, as he finally kissed Lovino full on the lips, after years of being apart from each other. Fireworks seemed to burst in the background, their hearts beating together, butterflies on their stomachs were fluttering. It was perfect—

And finally, they were home again.