Ring, Ring. I Love You.

Rain droplets let themselves wet the whole city, much to the city's dismay. Most people ran, trying to shelter themselves from the droplets that threatened to wet them, while some people just calmly summoned their own umbrellas and walked through the rain; on the other hand, people working inside their workplace just continued for their tasks at hand—and one of them was a man with auburn hair and a gravity-defying curl, his brows furrowed in concentration at his work. The bright light from the device he was using glared at him, and the man glared back at it. He needed to finish this as soon as he can, so that he can go home already. His stupid boss just had to add some additional papers when he was about to finish the remaining papers from yesterday earlier today, and it left him in a pissy mood until now. He's so irritating—he can't wait to get home already.

For the second time, he was almost finished with these stupid things. He sighed as he put away the paper he was working on currently and stretched his muscles. He leaned back his chair, throwing back his head as he stared at the ceiling, taking a short break from all the work. He sighed yet again and decided to check his phone, moving his head rather abruptly to look for it, which was a mistake. His vision spinned and his head ached from it. He groaned in pain asg he squinted his eyes at his phone; no messages nor calls. He tossed it lightly on his desk, paying attention to his work.

It wasn't even five minutes when he decided to distract himself again from work, grabbing his phone and scrolling through it. Well, still no messages nor calls. He turned to his computer and played a song from there, one that reminded him of someone. Shrugging, he again tried to focus on his work, when his phone started ringing. Slightly irritated, he picked it up without looking at his phone, just wondering who the hell called him at the wrong time.

"Pronto," he said immediately after picking it up. The person on the other line was silent for a moment, and he realised that the same song was playing on the other end as well. He frowned in confusion and took a look at the caller ID, just to gasp lightly and put the phone back onto his ear, his face flushing. "Bastard, what do you need?"

"Nothing really." the 'bastard' chuckled. "Just wanna check up on you."

Lovino's heart raced, the reply of the other man didn't help his face go back to its normal colour.

"Well, I'm fine and shit. My stupid boss gave me another ton of work, you see, and it sucks." he rolled his eyes, resting his chin on his hand as he stared at his work. "How 'bout ya?"

"Same here," he heard the other man sighed. "I just want to get a day off already."

The two fell silent, both hearing the same song on both ends of the phone. One was flushing, and the other one was smiling.

"Hey, Lovi..." Lovino hummed in response as the other man called him. "I was thinking... would you want to get some coffee with me when we both got out free time?"

As a smirk grew on the Italian's face, he responded: "Sure thing, Antonio. As long as you pay, I'll go."

"Great! Just tell me when you're free, okay?" Lovino hummed in agreement.

Silence absorbed them yet again, but neither cared. Both just listened to their song until it ended, more silence enveloping them.

"I love you." Antonio finally said after the series of silence, and Lovino's smirk morphed into a soft smile.

"I love you too."

And neither of them hung up.

A/N: how to write a story by vpk
simple: just stay up late and wait until you're freaking sleepy and decide to write as a crappy idea come to you. : ')