Sunglasses

"Lovino, please describe yourself to me again."

The Spaniard suddenly blurted out as he and his Italian "friend" strolled around the park, hearing children run around to play, adults chattering as they watch over their kids, and some animals making noises early in the morning. The Italian sighed and guided him to a near bench, sitting down as he once again described himself to the other.

"Dark brown hair, boring brown eyes, a grumpy stupid face, a stupid nose, and has stupid lips, of course. Olive skin, lean and not muscly like that potato sucker. Yeah, basically I'm plain and simple, but I have swag that makes all the ladies attracted to me."

That is their simple routine everyday. Antonio asking Lovino to describe himself, and the latter obligingly does in the most boring way. The Spaniard would smile as the other described himself, and the Italian would add some compliment on himself and smirk at his accomplishment. Antonio thought it was cute; he thought Lovino was cute and handsome from those details, and even if the Italian said that he's ugly, he would never believe it.

Never, even if he'd never saw Lovino's face once.

"And a man," chuckled Antonio. "I'm very, very attracted to you."

The very statement caused Lovino to blush, and he looked away to hide it, just to realise that Antonio won't see that. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"But you're a lady, stupid. You're in that ladies part." he let out a small "heh" as he teased the Spaniard.

Antonio smiled, unfazed by the teasing, "Well, no matter what my gender will be, I'll always be attracted to you."

It did not certainly help Lovino's already fading blush.

"Are you ready?" Lovino asked as he clutched Antonio hand tight, his heart racing against his chest.

The Spaniard nodded, smiling up at the sound of the other's voice, "I am."

The younger took a shaky breath, and kissed the older's hair, "Come back alive, bastard."

"Of course I will, mi amor."

Then Antonio was taken away to the Operating Room, and all Lovino could do was pray that the operation will be successful.

"Are you ready?" Lovino asked as he clutched Antonio's hand tight, heart beating fast against his chest once again.

"I'm excited but nervous," responded Antonio, squeezing the Italian's hand. "But yes, I'm ready."

Lovino nodded at the third person in the room, and he stepped back a little for the doctor to move; although, his hand was still intertwined together with Antonio's. As the bandages around the Spaniard's eyes were slowly removed, both of their hearts were beating awfully fast that they might have a heart attack. The last bandage was removed, and they held their breath.

"Open your eyes and tell us what you see."

Granted, Antonio slowly opened his eyes, frowning at how blurry his vision was. He blinked several times in hopes to clear his vision, and he looked around as he did so. He looked up at the jet black-haired doctor, shaking his head and looked at the person at his side, his eyes going wide.

"Dark brown hair, boring brown eyes, a stupid nose, a stupid lips, and a grumpy stupid face." the Spaniard recited, but he smiled. "Beautiful dark brown hair, eyes that seemed to change colour depending on the sunlight, a cute little nose, a kissable lips, and a still grumpy and frowny looking face. I wonder, when don't you frown, Lovino?"

The said man's lip twitched, as the heavy weight on his chest was lifted up, tears gathering at the corners of his eyes.

"You can see..." muttered Lovino, and hugged Antonio, which was uncharacteristic of him. "You can finally see! Holy shit, I'm so fucking glad! Thank God!"

Antonio's shoulder became wet as his love cried on it, hugging Lovino back in delight.

"Yes, yes I can!"

Both were hugging for a few moments, neither saying anything.

"You really have that swag, Lovi." Antonio suddenly blurted out, smiling. "You're so handsome and beautiful and cute and hot and God, I'm so in love with you."

"I love you too, you stupid Spaniard." Lovino breathed out, hitting Antonio lightly on the back. "Guess you don't have to wear those sunglasses all the time now."

"I guess not."

The two shared a small kiss, neither caring about the doctor watching them, who was possibly taking some pictures.