Where are you now?

"Oi, bastardo. You're leaving again?"

The Spaniard smiled sadly at his henchman as he crouch down to his level.

"I'm afraid so," he told the child.

The Italian henchman puffed out his cheeks, "When are you coming back?"

Spain sighed, "I don't know, Roma.. I don't know.. But I promise to come back as soon as I can."

Romano half-heartedly glared at him then sighed, "You promise?" he held out his little pinky finger.

Spain chuckled then clasped his own pinky finger in Romano's, "Promise."

Romano sat in Spain's big bed, hugging his knees that is pulled up to his chest as he weeps.

"H-He promised.." he sobbed.

Just then, Belgium came in without even knocking, "Romano?"

Romano quickly wiped away his tears, "Sì?"

Belgium closed the door behind her as she walked towards the bed and sat beside Romano.

"Are you crying again?" she asked worriedly.

Romano turned away from her, "No."

Belgium smiled sadly, "I know you are.." and with that, Romano let out a loud sob.

"Belgium, h-he promised..!" he exclaimed, furiously wiping away his tears that continue to fall from his eyes.

"I know, and we know that he'll come back. He's just protecting you, okay?" Belgium pulled Romano in her arms and kissed his head. "Everything's going to be all right.."

"Belgium? Do you know where is he now?" Romano asked.

"No, Romano.. I'm sorry, but I don't really know at the moment," Belgium whispered; lied to the poor henchman, because if she told him the truth, she's afraid that he'll get worse and follow Spain in the battlefield.

Spain froze.

"What.. was that..?" his cheek stinged from the slap his grown up Romano gave him.

"That was for not coming back soon," Romano said, glaring at his caretaker.

"I'm.. I'm sorry Roma, it took a long time, but I came back, sí?" Spain smiled, but Romao just huffed.

"I know, but this is the last time we'll see each other - for now," Romano stated as he blinked back the tears that threatened to escape.

"What do you mean, Roma?" Spain's smile disappeared as looked at his beloved Romano.

"I want my independence," Romano looked at Spain's eyes while saying this.

Spain stared at Romano for a few moments before a smile graced his lips, surprising Romano a bit.

"Of course.." Spain said slowly and it took Romano a minute to register it.

"What?"

"You.. You can have your independence.." the Spaniard ruffled Romano's hair, careful not to touch the curl. "You're a grown up now, and you can't forever depend in me.."

Romano just bowed his head down, his bangs covering his eyes.

"I'll be leaving as soon as possible," he stated.

"I'll surely miss you, Roma," and with that, Spain turned around to go to the kitchen.

Leaving Romano in his own, tears falling freely.

It's been a long time since the Italies gained their independence, and today there is a World Meeting being held.

Romano didn't want to go the damned meeting, but his boss said it was necessary and he had no choice.

"There's Veneziano, why can't he only go to the World Meeting?" he groaned.

"Ve~! Romano, I'm ready!" his brother called.

"Sì, sì! Aspetta!" Romano grabbed his suitcase and descended down the stairs.

"C'mon!" Veneziano grabbed his hand and ran out of the house to their car. Just as Veneziano opened the door of the driver's seat, Romano stopped.

"Veneziano, I'll drive," he said and Veneziano just pouted and walked to the other side of the car. Romano hopped in as his brother did, and drove to the meeting place. Then, the thought of seeing Spain crossed his mind, and his hands started to sweat as he let out a shaky sigh.

"Fratello? Are you okay?" Veneziano asked, placing a hand on his brother's shoulder.

"Yeah, just... nervous I guess.." Romano answered.

"Nervous? Why?" then it struck him. "Oh, is it because of Big Brother Spain?"

Romano looked at him, "What?"

"Are you nervous because you're going to see Big Brother Spain after all these years?" Veneziano asked.

"I guess so.." Romano kept his gaze down.

Veneziano smiled at him, "It's going to be all right. Now c'mon Romano, we're going to be late and Germany will be angry at me ve~!" he got out of the car and walked inside, straight to the meeting room. Romano took a deep breath before going out of the car and following his brother.

He pushed open the meeting doors and saw bickering nations. He sighed in annoyance and walked in, looking for an empty seat. He grimaced when he found out that he's going to seat right next to his former caretaker.

Great, he thought. Just my fucking luck.

He lazily dragged his feet towards the seat and plopped down, putting his head on the table. He mumbled incoherently, not really making any words nor any sense, but he's actually ranting about his 'luck' today.

"Roma?"

Romano jumped, lifting his head up and spoke louder; still not making any sense.

"Romano, calm down. Is there a problem?" Spain looked worriedly at his former henchman, who slowly stopped and returned from his position earlier.

"What do you want," he spat.

"Well, you're speaking incoherently earlier that I thought there's something wrong. It's like you're ranting but you couldn't make any words to say, like you're just saying 'Asdfghjkl'-- ow! Roma!" Spain pouted and rubbed the back of his head when Romano smacked him.

"Shut up, bastard! You don't need to fucking tell me that because I already know, jerk! And don't call me that!" Romano's curl twitched in annoyance, his face reddening slightly.

"Aw, Roma, now you look like a tomato!" Spain reached out to pinch Romano's cheeks, but Romano shoved it away and half heartedly glared at Spain.

"Get away the hell from me! I hate you, I hate you so much!" and with that, Romano got up and ran out.

Spain sat there, dumb founded. Maybe leaving Romano for a long time did get to his nerves that he started to hate him. Spain just chuckled bitterly, and looked at his hands in his lap with a sad gaze.

But it's for you and I'm here now Roma, are you not happy?

A/N: Sad SpaMano is sad, and poorly written chapter is bad. Imma sorry dudes, it didn't go as planned. Hope you like it anyway!