Midnights Part 2 (for @Taramulrooney45456)

*tara's POV*

when I came around, things were really foggy. I wasn't in the new house, but a different house that I wasn't really quite sure where I was. I sat up quickly, and head rush flooded my brain and skull, such as an oceans wave would flood a tidal pool. 

"morning sunshine," a voice said to me, "you've been out for a while, here, have some water." he said, handing me a glass of water. I was still quite foggy, things were coming back to me bit by bit. "what happened?" I asked, trying to regain the memory faster than my body would let me. 

"I was walking past with a few guys and they saw your mom beating you so one of them, cam, called the cops and you were out cold so we brought you back here and, well, here we are." he said, handing me some sweets to help me get my blood sugar up.

"oh man, I'm sorry you guys had to see that." I said, looking at him apologetically, "hey no, you don't get to be sorry, you're parents are the ones who should be sorry." he said back to me, stern in his tone.

"im Hayes, by the way," he said. 

"Im Tara, nice to meet you I guess" I answered him, hoping that I could stay here for a while before anything else could happen to me again.

"hey, why don't you get some rest for now and then we'll get you set up for a few days here so you're safe, yeah?" he said, getting up and letting me be to sleep. 

"that sounds good, ill see you tomorrow?" I said, adding a question to the end, just to hear his voice one more time before I dozed off. 

"see you tomorrow, tara." he said, closing the door to the room.