25 : END

"Dad, I'm home!" I yelled as soon as I closed the door. No response.

I went upstairs to his room as I thought that he might be sleeping since its already 9:00 PM. I opened the door, nothing, no one. I curled my eyebrows and closed the door.

I went to the kitchen and found a sticky note on the fridge door.

"Hey baby, I'll be back in a few, I have an urgent thing to do so I went back to the company. There are dozens of spicy chicken wings I ordered in case you're hungry." - Dad ♥

I smiled to myself and fished my phone out. This night with Mark is amazing. We had many things in common and we talked about the most random things. I even told him about Jungkook and Sapphire and about Somi and vice versa. I dialed his number and placed my phone between my shoulder and ear.

He answered. "Missed me already?" the first thing that came out from his mouth.

"No, my dad's not home and I was hoping if you'd like to eat chicken with me," I said and heated the chicken. "This is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I rarely invite anyone to eat with me. Not even Somi."

"So you're saying I'm special?" I felt him smirk even though I cant see him.

"Are you coming or not?!"

"I'm coming!" he answered.

"Good, I'll text you the address," I ended the call and texted Mark the address.

× skip again cause why not ×

One Year Later

"Hey Aliyah," my dad called as he stood at the door.

"Yeah?" I removed my eyes from the laptop screen.

"Its his wedding today," his words struck like lightning. My heart started beating fast. My mind went blank, I didn't know what to say. "He invited us. I'm going. You can call Mark for company if you'd like."

He left and closed the door. I let out a heavy sigh and shoved my face in a pillow. I stopped myself from crying. Why would I cry? Its already been a year, he probably doesn't love me anymore.

× THE END ×