Chapter 12: Recap With Me

JUSTIN'S POV:

We'd only just gotten home, when I start to regret the ultimatum I've made with Ely. I told her the next time we do anything it'll be her call, but I'm already missing her soft minty mouth that I got more than just a taste of on the Ferris wheel. The four of us took to the living room upon returning home, Atifa and Za on the couch and Ely and I on the love seat. I go to cuddle into her but she pulls away, standing up.

"I'm gonna go take a shower," she says, her eyes teasing me. She seems to be fully aware that images of her naked with hot water running down her body flood my mind.

"Enjoy," I strain, watching her hips sway as she struts over to the steps. Once she's out of earshot, Atifa and Za lean in to me like high schoolers gossiping.

"Did it work?" Atifa questions eagerly. I look at them both confusedly. "The set up! The fair, the Ferris wheel, the alone time... Did she get scared on the rides? Did you get to comfort her? Did you kiss her?" She presses, before Za places a hand on her knee, relaxing her.

"Chill, baby," he eases. "So what happened, man?" Za presses. I sigh.

"She didn't get scared... I did," I admit. Za bursts out into laughter. I shoot him a look, to which he stops. "But she did comfort me... by kissing me... and letting me... you know," I explain, making squeezing hand gestures so that I don't have to say it explicitly. I don't know why, but saying it aloud just seems disrespectful. Both of their eyes go wide in amazement.

"You got to second?" Atifa asks in shock.

"Don't act so surprised," I say, slightly offended.

"Wait, did you just do it, or did she actually let you?" Atifa clarifies.

"She uh... she told me to," I reveal. Atifa gasps aloud, clapping.

"Oh, my gosh! You're like as good as in!" She cheers.

"Yeah, man," Za high gives me. I smirk proudly, until I remember how I might've fucked it up.

"Unfortunately," I start, making their happy expressions fall, "I told her that the next time we do anything, she's gotta ask for it."

"What the hell? You're screwed bro," Za says. I look to Atifa for a more positive response, but she shakes her head.

"You are so screwed. You might never get laid again," she says, eliciting a look of fear from me. "She's already said she doesn't want to be with you. Whether she was lying or not, and she totally was, she's not gonna go back on her word on her own, J. Why'd you tell her that?"

"Because she wouldn't admit that she wanted this, too. I needed to know it wasn't just me pressuring her," I explain.

"I could've told you that. Hell, one look at her face whenever you touch her could've told you that," Atifa argues, making me look like an actual idiot.

"Okay, so what do I do?"

"Since you can't turn her on sexually, you're gonna have to do it romantically," she advises.

"Well, I cook for her, I throw her parties, I give her medicine... what more can I do?" I ask.

"Man, I've done all that shit for my grandma! That's not romantic," Za explains.

"You need to make her feel like a princess. Make her feel like your girlfriend, not a hook up. Don't try to get her in your bed, try to get her to go out with you. What's the best way to make a girl want to go out?" Atifa quizzes.

"Food?" I question. Atifa deliberates.

"Close second, Za?"

"Dress her up," Za says assured. Atifa nods.

"A girl can get pretty much anything at home. Online shopping, food delivery, sex... The one thing she can't get is genuine attention. If you make her feel good enough about herself, she'll be dying to go out with you. Dress her up, make her look phenomenal. I mean, pull out all the stops: clothes, makeup, lingerie. That's the most important part. A girl can be wearing sweatpants, but if she's got on sexy underwear underneath, best believe she feels like that bitch," Atifa explains. I feel like I should be taking notes. The idea of buying sexy underwear for Ely gets me so hot, that it's a while before I realize Atifa stopped explaining. I look behind myself to see Ely coming downstairs, hair wet in my sweatpants and t-shirt.

"I hope you don't mind, none of my clothes upstairs were comfortable," Ely excuses. Atifa shoots me a look as if to say, Don't fuck this up.

"Of course, baby. Anything you want, it's yours." She looks at me strangely but happily.

"Thanks, babe," she says suspiciously. Atifa and Za's eyes both widen impressed like. When Ely sits next to me, she whispers, "What's wrong with them?"

"Love," is all I can say.