Chapter 28

The place was once a beautiful place to live in for Kyungsoo. But that was before the attack ten years ago. The beautiful grassland becomes a wrecked place of nothing but sand and ash with wrecked magical stones that still continued to function. The once beautiful trees that welcomes you upon entering became dried and unhealthy. Same as the bushes that are now nothing but sticks and fallen leaves.

No one said a word since they have been informed about what happened to Kyungsoo's village and even they want to speak, they are not sure what it will cost to the younger since he wasn't the one who opened up what had happen and all. However, Baekbeom saw what happened during that day, not in front of his eyes, but inside the smaller since he can saw everything the others might kept while looking at someone's eyes. The thing he wished he did when D.O barge in their family and decided to judge the boy as a home wrecker. He only got the chance to look deeper to him was when they arrived the day after their abduction incident and promised Baekhyun to be kind and all to the guy.

They all saw the trees with doors, once gleamed with beautiful gems and elemental decorations being wrecked or burnt into pieces. Parts of tree houses are fallen apart same as some hanging ladder connecting with each other are torn off their respective places.

"Wow... looked like some storm got inside this portal huh? Never thought you never hired weather forecasters...ouch!" Chen tried to say something stupid before Xiumin cuts him off.

"Nah, more like ghost town if you tell me. My house is just past those big rocks." Kyungsoo jokes and points a rock with unreadable signs and they all followed him. It was quiet amusing to see the male not minding anything from his sight and made their way past the houses. But even they can see Kyungsoo's unwavering will to proceed, they can all sense the gloomy atmosphere everywhere. 

"Here it is. You can join me inside or stay and look around for a while since I still have to look for it, even you can't see many amusing things in here." He cheerfully said while they all just stay quiet for a while.

"I'm gonna come with you." Kai broke the silence and leaves the other to take a view of their surroundings more. Clearly taking good note of the area around them.

"Whooa... it's like we are in a movie of an abandoned town with lots of zombies ready to attack us." Chen finally let out what he wants to say.

"Yeah. It is like this when we arrived here during the incident. I really want to see this once paradise before the massacre." Xiumin also wished to see the place.

"Let's just stay and enjoy this place for a while." Baekbeom said as he touch the tree where D.O and Kai went.

Kai found D.O on the second floor after searching fr any sign of him when he entered the messy room. He saw how Kyungsoo is slumping the floor with a book on the hand as he tried to dust away some dirt on it making him cough along the way.

"Hey, are you alright?" Kai pats the shoulder of the other making him look at their direction after wiping some tear from the side of his eyes caused by the coughs.

"Yeah. It's here, I finally found it." He raised the book and let Kai hold it for a while. He carefully closed a wooden chest near him as he stands up and dust of the dirt on his clothes.