Prolouge

PSA: DAVID X READER COMES LATER IN THE BOOK, CHAPTER 14 I THINK... THIS DUE TO THE FACT I DIDNT HAVE IT PLANNED, BUT MADE IT HAPPEN BECAUSE OF ALL OF THE REQUESTS

"We don't need more happy go lucky idiots here (Y/N)! So just get the fuck out!" Max yelled.

(Y/N) stood unfazed, and inhaled angrily. She had spent a week here, and was treated so badly by Max. Even just her introduction was horrible thanks to him.

"I don't care how much you hate me Max, I'm not leaving until this summer ends." She replied calmly. "So suck it up, butter cup."

"I will make your life here a living hell!" He threatened.

She shrugged. "It's not like you've already accomplished that."

His eye twitched and he groaned in frustration. "Why can't you just leave?! Nobody wants you here!"

Now those words stung. If she had a dollar for every time somebody had yelled that at her, she  wouldn't need a job at this summer camp. She closed her eyes, and counted to ten, only to open them and find Max standing patiently for her reply.

But she didn't reply to him. She turned around, and walked to space kid, and started playing space with him. Max scoffed and went back to his own gang, to begin planning a way to get her out of this place.

The truth was, all of the kids loved her. Nobody knew why Max was especially mean to her, but nobody cared enough to ask. They loved playing games with her, going on nature walks, and they were ten times happier now.

David had a sense of pride now, all because they were happy. As long as they were happy, he was happy. She even defended David when Max was being rude, and it honestly just boosted his ego.

Gwen could finally relax now that she wasn't the only girl, (Y/N) had a way with the kids nobody else did... and even Mr. Campbell approved of her.

Yes, everyone was happy with her... except herself.

Many years ago, she was forced to stay in this camp. It was the last year before her parents divorce, and the last time she could fully say she was happy. She dropped out of high school, did drugs, and became the girl nobody wanted to be around.

Then she remembered this crazy camp, and decided this was the best place to turn her life around. She had only hoped to help the kids grow, and to help preserve their innocence, yet with Max around?

This task surly proved to be a difficult one...