~12~

-This Is Gospel: Panic! At The Disco

*^*

"Guys, I need you to just act normal around Max, okay? Forget yesterday even happened..." (Y/N) sighed. "The kids gone through a lot and doesn't need you guys acting all weird. Except you Nurf, don't bully him."

They all agreed, just as Max sleepily walked through the door. He calmly sat down next to Neil and Nikki, as began sipping his Coffee. The room remained silent, (Y/N) face palmed, and David pulled out his guitar.

She took it from him immediately, and sighed, strumming the guitar. "This is Gospel for the fallen ones, locked away in permanent slumber-"

She felt the tension leave, and watched the children sway to the guitar. In one moment the was knocked to the ground by Mr. Campbell swinging the door far too fast. All of the children gasped, been David.

"Leave." She snapped.

"Excuse me? Do I need to remind you who owns this camp, and part of Thailand?"

She stood up, her eyes narrowed. "My name is Agent (Y/N) (L/N) from the CIA, my badge number 1543682. You are under arrest for treason-"

Just like that her was gone, hopefully never coming back. Everybody looked at her with their eyes wide, and she shrugged. She showed them her badge, which was made from paper and said 'Government AF'. This made Max laugh, which everybody else did as well.

She smiled, looking at all of the now happy faces. Max smiled and looked at her, his smile widening. Today was Saturday, one of the only days to have no schedule, and Max loved his Saturdays.

The kids began talking, and Max seemed to be in a much better mood. She handed the guitar back to David, and gave him a small smile. The moment the mess hall doors closed the smile faded.

She walked to the waters edge, picking up stones and simply throwing them as far as she could. She sighed and sat in the sand crisscrossing her legs, resting her scratched elbows on her knees.

Max came over slowly, trying not to him her moment, but also make sure she was okay. He placed his hand on her shoulder, and she yelped in surprise. She began laughing when she realized it was only Max, yet stopped when she looked at his expression.

"What's wrong kiddo?" She asked.

"Why are you being so nice to me? All I've ever been to you is another kid to take care of in this bullshit of a fucking camp..."

"Max, you know that's not what you are to me." She sighed. "I guess... I guess I see myself in you. I used to act like you when I was a kid, before I realized I'm not my parents... I guess I thought if I saved you from them sooner... you'd be happy..." she said, her voice progressively becoming softer and weaker.

His eyes widened, a sad smile coming to his lips. Tears began to fill his eyes, and her eyes widened.

"Shit, Max I-"

"N-No, I'm fine." He shook his head. "I j-just can't believe I let them go this far."

"Max, you're ten." She chuckled. "There isn't much you could have done."

"I could have tried-"

"Max, the past is behind us. They're gone, and you're here. YOU can finally be you again." She smiled.

He smiled as well, taking a seat next to her. They both began throwing rocks Into the lake, not realizing there was a crowd watching them. David was in near tears, as most of the kids were as well. Anybody the saw them could tell you that she would be a perfect care taker for Max.

Gwen watched, making sure everyone stayed silent as she pushed them all back into the mess hall. Their laughter filled the silence of the woods, echoing down the lake.

"Max?" She asked.

He turned to her with a bright smile.

"You wanna get something to eat? I know you haven't eaten a lot lately..."

He nodded his head and stood up. She stood up with him, rushing into Davids cabin for the car keys. David was standing there with a giant smile, handing her the keys. Her eyes narrowed, by she smiled anyway. She led Max to the car, both of them smiling like idiots.

Love.

In the non-creepiest way possible.

Because don't do that.

Don't.

I FELT LIKE I HAD TO. I GO SO MUCH SUPPORT YESTERDAY I LEGITIMATELY CRIED WAKING UP.

THANK YOU GUYS!

But seriously, if you find something wrong or something I could do better, please do say.

THANKS AGAIN!