~11~

I'm going to be honest, I just cried because I realized this book had 500 likes. Boi I didn't expect that! Thanks guys! Seriously!

Also, maybe trigger warning? Really hard to explain without spoiling...

Also, I was super anxious about posting this chapter... so if there's anything wrong or something I could have done better, please don't be afraid to say so...

~~~~

"Hello!" She smiled, waving to the couple who stood outside of their car. "How may I help you?"

"Were looking for our son, Max." A woman said, a fake cheeriness to her voice.

"He's on a hike with the other kids, anything I can do while we wait?" (Y/N) asked, slightly uncertain.

"Yes, can you take us to his tent?" His fathers gruff voice replied.

Both had a bored expression while talking about their kid, and she picked up on it immediately. Something was wrong, but at the moment she did not know what... or why for that matter. Max never really talked about his parents much, but the reaction he had against her parents can mean several different things...

(Just a PSA, I believe Max's parents are at the very least neglectful emotionally and/or physically)

"Uh, might I ask why?" She asked.

"We're moving states, can we please hurry this up?" His mother asked impatiently.

"Not until Max comes back." She stated.

"Excuse me?"

"Max has a right to his own belongings."

"We are his parents-"

"And I am the person YOU put in charge to protect him." She said, crossing her arms. "And I would like to hold my word, parent or not they are his items."

"Who do you think you are?" His mother snapped.

"A camp counselor-"

"(Y/N)!" David cheered.

"Oh fucking finally..." Gwen sighed in relief.

"Wow, what a surprise..." Max rolled his eyes, standing next to (Y/N).

"Get your things and get in the car." His father said sternly.

"Why?" Max asked.

"We're moving, don't disobey your father!" His mother snapped.

"Get both of your asses back in the car and get fucking lost." (Y/N) snapped, putting the pieces together.

"Shut your pretty whore mouth up bitch!" His mother snapped.

"Woof woof mother fucker." (Y/N) snapped, shoving the mother backwards.

She gasped and turned to her husband, getting into the car without another word. Her husband turned to me furious, but instead of hitting me, his foot went to kick Max. I grabbed his foot, and lifted him up, knocking him harshly against the ground.

(Random POV change xD)

Your POV

Max stood stunned, watching his father get back to his feet. He was about to punch me, but I avoided his hit, twisting his arm behind his back. I threw him towards a tree, watching him bounce back, and try to hit me again.