~5~

"Did you see what she did to Daniel?!" Max yelled at Nikki and Neil. "That girl is sadistic as fuck! That proves it!"

"Max you stabbed him like ten times..." Neil shrugged. "He hurt us, it's her fight or flight reaction."

"Yeah, besides, she wouldn't do that to any of us, Max." Nikki shrugged as well.

"I still feel bad for hurting her..." Harrison muttered.

Lately that's all the kids would talk about, is how sorry they were for hurting her. Max is still trying to get her out of camp, but his attempts have been met with the same outcome every time.

Nobody believes him that She would hurt them, and why would she? She would gain nothing by it, plus its not like she lives in a mansion somewhere halfway across the world either.

(Y/N) was given a mental health day, and she took it to go to town. She left just after breakfast, and once again Max was determined to find something out about her. He snuck into her car just as he did to David, except it was only him.

The car stopped and he looked out the window, watching her walk into a music store. His curiosity got the best of him, and he stood outside the store, staring at her from the glass.

She was talking to somebody, and laughed, turning her head towards Max. She raised an eyebrow but smiled. She waved for him to come in, and he obeyed.

"Max, you know David the best..." she smiled. "What kind of guitar would he like?"

"Guitar?" He repeated.

"I figured since you broke it saving me, he would need a new one." She shrugged.

"Wait, you're doing this to be nice?! No. That's bullshit!" He yelled.

"Max why are you so hellbent on me being some deadly psychopath who came to YOUR CAMP out of all I could have gone to, just to get you of all people to trust me, and then I'll kill you?"

"Because the people you trust most in life are back stabbing assholes who will kill you!" He snapped.

"You want anything? Food, an instrument, anything at all?" She asked.

"What?!" He asked, now infuriated.

"I asked if you wanted anything from anywhere."

"How the hell can you just be this fucking nice?!" He yelled, flailing his arms around. "You're not even mad about me sneaking into your car-"

"Actually I am, but that's not my biggest priority right now." She sighed. "Max, I genuinely care for everybody's well being, even yours. I could have let the wood scouts kill you, or even Daniel, but I didn't."

"Why?" He asked, calming down. "How can you possibly care for us?

"Not in my blood stream-" she paused. "Not in my mentality to harm a kid, Max."

"Wait but it's in your blood?"

"Let's not talk about this here-"

"No. I want answers!"

"I was thrown out of my house, okay Max?! I was yelled at constantly, and the day I was thrown out my mother slapped me. Is that what you wanted to hear?!"

His eyes widened. "(Y/N) I-"

"I would like that guitar please." She stated to the clerk.

He smiled and nodded, picking it up off of the hooks. He handed her the bill, and she smiled, paying it in cash. She took the guitar from him, and smiled.

"Come on Max." She sighed, her smile dropping.

He followed her back into the car with his head down in shame. "(Y/N) I'm sorry..."

"Max please just..." she sighed. "Just leave it. Pretend it never happened."

"Okay." He muttered.

"Thank you..." she said, smiling reassuringly. "You hungry?"

"No..."

"Alright." She nodded.

The camp was busy eating, and Max joined the other campers. She waited until the doors closed to pull out the guitar, and walk to the guitar. After a short tune up, she sat down and sighed.

"I remember tears streaming down your face when I said I'll never let you go, when all those shadows almost killed your light..."

She closed her eyes as the song continued, tears began running down her cheeks about halfway through. At the end she strummed the guitar wrong, and she grunted.

"Shoot..." she sighed.

"You can play the guitar?!" David yelled, scaring her.

"Wait David-"

She turned to see all of the campers casually standing with smiles on their faces. Max looked down at the ground guiltily, and she blushed immediately.

"This is for you." She said, handing him the guitar.

"Oh?" He asked, taking it from her. "Thanks-"

"Don't mention it." She said, clenching her fists as she walked to her cabin.

"(Y/N)-" David yelled. "Where are you going?"

"Leave me alone... please..." she said weakly.

She passed Max, who shut his eyes as he looked down.

He felt guilty...

How could he make it up to her?

David was more open than her, so he was easy to make happy. (Y/N)? He didn't even know where to start...