~6~

"Happy birthday (Y/N)!" David smiled happily. "I've got a surprise for you!"

"Oh God..." I sighed. "What?"

"Follow me!"

I followed him to the gate, yet something felt off...

I froze, sucking in a breath as the world around us faded into nothing. Here I was, staring at my demo. She smiled innocently at me, as my eyes widened.

"W-Why are you here?" I asked.

"I'm here to see my only daughter!" She chuckled. "Why else would I be here?"

"Is (Fathers name) here too?" I asked, my eyes blurring with tears.

"No, he's on a business trip." She said, holding her arms open for a hug.

I took a step back. "Let me ask again, why are you here?"

"I wanted to see my daughter-"

"Well she's not here." I snapped, the tears finally coming out. "I haven't been your daughter since the day you kicked me out. I was only twelve! TWELVE!"

"I'm here to make it up-"

"You lost that fucking chance to be my mother." I yelled. "I slept in a fucking slide for a year. You Abandoned me. Abandoned your only daughter."

"I know-"

"Do you?! Do you really fucking know?!" I yelled.

I looked around, noticing the kids terrified eyes. Even Max had his eyes wide in fear. I looked to the ground and sighed.

"Please... just go..." I croaked out.

"Excuse me?" She asked, shoving me forward.

I turned around with my eyes wide, she's never done that before...

She shoved me to the ground, and began yelling at me. I couldn't hear her, as my ears began violently ringing. She lifted me back into the air by my shirt, and began spitting insults at me. I was dropped back onto the ground, and I shut my eyes.

"...you fucking brat!" She hissed.

"Hitting somebody is not okay ass hat! Especially when she's someone as cool as (Y/N)!" Max yelled.

I laid my head down into the ground, and watched as my vision slowly faded. David came rushing to my side, trying desperately to make sure I was okay. Before the world turned black, I saw all of the kids attack the woman who I once knew as mother...

I felt a tear roll down my face as my eyes shut...

~~~~

"(Y/N)!" Max yelled, shaking her violently.

He was sobbing uncontrollably as he tried to wake her up. Gwen picked him up, but he fought his way out of her arms, back to the side of (Y/N). Her mother got scared off by all of the kids, and David being tough for once.

As he was finally dragged off, he was kicking and screaming. The other kids solemnly walking away, most with tears in their eyes. The ones who weren't crying, would spend the night wide awake, hoping and praying she would wake up.

Max spent the night locked in the mess hall, banging on the doors. All he wanted was to apologize to her, he wanted to help her...

David sat outside the mess hall. Max's cries were enough to shatter the poor man's heart... Nobody knew if she would be okay after Gwen drove her to the hospital, and it was breaking everyone. Nobody cared the next day for anything. Max wouldn't speak, and the other campers would cry, or stare at whatever they were supposed to be doing.

Even David was unhappy...

The Q M was nowhere to be found.

Gwen was still at the hospital...

And nobody was the same.

Max sat underneath a tree deep in the forest, reading the birthday card he made for her. He should have done more... he should have done a lot of things, but it was too late. After locking him in the mess hall, he had gone silent. Everybody thought he was calm but he wasn't.

He shouldn't have brought her parents up that day, and he should have cut in sooner. Only he knew what her parents did to her, and he kept her secret hidden. Now, everyone knew, and even though Max felt guilty?

David felt worse than ever. He felt worse than the day Max yelled at him, no, that didn't compare to how he was feeling. He didn't have a smile, but he still had a job to do. He tried desperately to help the campers cheer up, but he knew it to be impossible.

He shouldn't feel guilty, he had no clue. That's what the campers told him, but he didn't believe them. They were missing the one thing that made the camp worth while. The simplest things made them happy around her, but she wasn't there.

Gwen came back and told the campers that she would be back in a few hours, she had just passed out from lack of oxygen, and was in a small coma. She had awoken, and was eager to see the campers.

Even when Max heard this, he still wouldn't speak. He would have nightmares every night, and only Neil heard his cries for (Y/N). He was barley eating, and no matter what David or Gwen did, he wouldn't snap at them.

That only made David feel worse.

Max was out of character, and even aloud him to sing a camp song. Nobody was happy. Nerris and Harrison weren't fighting, Nurf wasn't bullying people, Ered laid on the ground far to often and didn't even listen to music, Dolf was very caring, Neil was being very unscientific, Nikki laid on the floor next to Ered, Space Kid took off his suit, and Preston couldn't think of a bigger tragedy than this...

It was truly the most depressed anybody in Camp Camp ever was...

How had could one person have such an effect on one camps hearts?

TO BE CONTINUED...