Chapter 1

Tick...Tick...Tick. The ticking of the clock on my wall matched the beat of my heart due to the excitement I was feeling.  I was going to be seeing my boyfriend and even though the last time I saw him was two weeks ago, I missed him deeply. My boyfriend, John, lived all the way in Ohio and attended Ohio State University. Ohio wasn't too far from my Minnesota home; just a mere twelve hours, but to me, it felt like a lifetime away. John lived in a fraternity on campus that was currently shut down due to health and safety issues the house posed. The same frat house my older brother was currently living in. Which made things very complicated and kind of eeky since neither of them were fans of the other. 

I looked at my reflection, making sure I looked presentable for him. Despite being a size 14, I felt confident for the most part with how I look. My skinny blue jeans and white tank top really complimented my curves. I turned to my side and smiled at my reflection. Being a plus size girl sometimes made me self conscious, but today I was certainly feeling on top of the world.

My dark auburn hair was in perfect waves down to my waist. My Wand Curler was my secret weapon to getting sexy waves. The black mascara and eyeliner I had on really made my olive green eyes pop. I had put on a little foundation to cover up the brown freckles that sprinkled the top of my nose and cheeks. I always hated those. I looked around my bedroom and rolled my eyes at how out of control it looked. Daniel, my 21 year old brother, always liked to say I was more of a teenage boy than girl because of how I kept my room. I really couldn't help it; I would run in and out of my room, throwing things this way and that way.

"Shit!" I muttered as I nearly tripped over some dirty clothes. I picked up the scattered clothes in one area and threw them on my bed trying to make a path. John should be here any minute. Jon McLaughlin's 'If Only I' was playing softly in the background on my IHome before my Darth Vader ringtone interrupted it. I groaned and started searching for the source. I finally found it and smiled as I unlocked my IPhone.

I'm outside your house, babe. Can't wait to see you :) The text read from John. I smiled and quickly rechecked my appearance before I sprayed a little bit of Victoria Secret's Very Sexy on, a gift from John for my birthday last month. I ran down the hallway until I reached the second floor foyer. I smiled when I looked down the stairs and started running down them like a child on Christmas morning. There John was, holding a dozen red roses. My family lived in an upper class gated area, so I didn't see the reason for locking the door this morning.

"John!" I smiled as I jumped into his waiting arms like one of those stereotypical girls you only saw in movies. John laughed, his breath tickling the skin by my ear. We hugged for a few more seconds until I jumped back on my own feet. I smiled up at him in an insanely good mood now. He handed me the roses which I took gratefully.

"I've missed you, babe," He murmured before pulling me to him by my hips and smashing his lips against mine.

"I've missed you too," I told him after we pulled away. His brown eyes sparkled and I brushed a long, brown hair out of his eyes. His skin was a beautiful caramel color from being in the sun for an extensive amount of time. He captured my hand and led me to the grand living room, passing the staircase and kitchen on the way. I set the floors on the coffee table before he pulled me into his lap on the couch. 

"Is it bad I'm happy your frat house is having vermin problems?" I asked as I played with his hand. He let out another one of his baritone laughs.

"Not at all. I'm happy to be home. It's only the second week of being there and I'm tired as it is. These rushees are getting on my nerves and it hasn't even been pledge week yet," He answered after sobering up. He was the pledge educator and had to help teach the guys who were pledging more about the frat's history and help them with school work. "You start school on Monday?" I nodded with a small pout on my face.