Chapter 18

The next morning is a quiet breakfast.

"You're real ungrateful, you know that?" Mr. Wayne says to his daughter, breaking the silence.

"Oh, I'm ungrateful-?" Krystal says.

"Okay, okay, what's going on?" Mrs. Kyle asks, unaware of what happened the night before.

"I came home past curfew and dad think I had sex!" Krystal explains to her mother in anger.

"Bruce!" Mrs. Kyle exclaims.

"She's a teenager, I'm just looking out for her!" Mr. Wayne defends himself.

"Honey, would you like some water?" Mrs. Kyle asks. "Because you are the thirstiest man on earth!" Mrs. Kyle roasts her husband.

"I am not!" Mr. Wayne defends himself. "When was the last time I wanted to have sex?" Mr. Wayne asks.

"Okay, off to school!" Krystal says, disgusted, and standing up from the table. She swings her backpack over her shoulder.

"One moment, dear." Mrs. Kyle says to her daughter. Krystal rolls her eyes and stands next to her mother.

"Last night!" Mrs. Kyle responds.

"Yeah, but you promised it to me!" Mr. Wayne argues.

"Okay, bye, have a nice chat!" Krystal says, quickly. Krystal leaves the house.

-----------------------
Krystal arrives late at school and power-walks to her first class.

She enters the classroom. Everyone, including Mr. Samuels, looks at her.

"Glad you could make it, Miss Wayne." Mr. Samuels says with a smile. "Please, take a seat." Mr. Samuels directs.

Krystal walks to her seat, which is behind Brittany Manning.

Brittany turns around to talk to Krystal. "Glad you could make it, coke whore!" Brittany insults Krystal in a whisper.

"Glad your injected lips healed, boom boom Brittany!" Krystal fires back.

"Oh, shut up," Brittany says, annoyed. "Just remember, I run this school, which means, I run you!" Brittany blackmails Krystal. Brittany turns around and faces the class.

A few minutes later, Krystal turns her head. She sees that Danny isn't present. She raises her hand.

"Yes, Krystal?" Mr. Samuel asks.

"Um, where's Danny Braxton?" Krystal asks in fear.

Mr. Samuels sighs. "Class, you may have noticed that Daniel Braxton isn't present today," Mr. Samuel begins. "You may think he's sick or has a doctors appointment, or is on vacation," Mr. Samuels assumes. "But, the truth is," Mr. Samuels has a saddening tone in his voice. "Daniel Braxton...is in the hospital." Mr. Samuel confesses.

The students' jaws drop. Krystal's jaw drops and her eyes widen. She grabs her backpack and sprints to the door.

"Miss Wayne, where are you going?" Mr. Samuels asks, confused.

"...To save a friend!" Krystal says. Krystal opens the door and rushes out of school.

"Mr. Samuels, it is against school rules to barge out of class, just as Krystal did!" Brittany points out.

"Yes, I know, Brittany!" Mr. Samuels says, annoyed.