Chapter 31

Later, after the rest of the school got out, Krystal decided to text Danny

Krystal runs downstairs

Krystal runs downstairs. She finds her parents in the living room, reading a magazine and the newspaper.

"Dad, you were right!" Krystal confesses, sitting down next to her dad. Mr. Wayne sets down his newspaper on the coffee table in front of him and then puts his arm over his daughter's shoulder. Krystal cuddles up to her father, in sadness.

"Danny told the popular kids, who told everyone else, that I was the daughter of Batman!" Krystal confesses, about to cry. "I tried playing it off as a lie, then he told me all the evidence and I couldn't take it!" Krystal explains. "I blabbed because the stress just built up inside me!" Krystal continues.

"Oh, sweetheart!" Mrs. Wayne says, sympathetically, as she sets down her magazine next to her. She walks to the other couch and sits next to Krystal, comforting her, as well.

"Dad, I'm sorry I blabbed!" Krystal apologizes, looking up into her father's dark blue eyes.

"Don't worry, I can't stay mad at my little girl!" Mr. Wayne smiles, rubbing his daughter's arm. Krystal smiles. "I think it's time for you to train for your powers." Mr. Wayne says, smiling.

"Powers?" Mrs. Wayne asks, confused.

"Oh," Krystal chuckles. "Dad's been training me to become a superhero." Krystal confesses.

"What? I thought you wanted to be a villain, like me?" Mrs. Wayne asks. "How long has this been going on?" Mrs. Wayne asks, quickly after her first question.

"No, I don't want to be a villain, mom, sorry!" Krystal giggles. "And it's been going on for about two months." Krystal informs her mother.

"Well, as long as you're happy." Mrs. Wayne smiles. Mr. Wayne and his daughter smile, as well.

"So, does this mean you and Danny are...over?" Mrs. Wayne asks, feeling sorry for her daughter.

"Yeah, I guess so." Krystal replies, sadly.

"Hey, on the bright side, we have the chance to finally prove that the Wayne's will always be better than the Braxton's!" Mr. Wayne grins. Mrs. Wayne and Krystal smile, as well.