Chapter 30

Krystal rushes down her curved staircase and goes straight to the kitchen, where she finds her parents.

"Bye, mom, bye, dad, I'm going to school." Krystal informs her parents, as she grabs an apple from the fruit bowl on the kitchen counter.

"Have a nice day, sweetie." Her mother says, happily, with a smile. Mrs. Wayne gives Krystal a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Bye, honey." Her dad says, reading the paper at the kitchen table.

"Thanks, bye!" Krystal says, walking out the door.

----------------------------------------

Krystal enters the hallways of the school, only to hear everyone whispering and staring at her. She walks through the sea of students, awkwardly, and walks straight to history.

"So, Karlie, how does it feel to be a big, fat, liar?" Brittany snarks, turning around to face Krystal in history class.

Krystal sighs, in annoyance. "Again, it's Krystal!" Krystal reminds Brittany. "And what are you talking about?" Krystal asks, confused.

"Oh," Brittany giggles. "You'll find out in, three...two...one." Brittany fake smiles.

Just then, Principal Smith makes an announcement on the overhead speaker. "Attention, students and teachers, please report to the auditorium immediately for a surprise, regarding one of our senior students!" Principal Smith announces.

The whole class stands up from their seats and walk to the auditorium, along with the whole rest of the senior and junior students, who are flooding the hallways.

-------------------------------

"Alright-y, students and teachers, I'm sure you might've seen the SGN report last night, regarding one of our many students, sitting right here in this auditorium!" Principal Smith announces, into the built-in microphone in the brown podium stand. "That student would be...Krystal Kyle-Wayne!" Mr. Smith adds. Krystal's eyes widen, in shock. "Krystal, please come on up!" Principal Smith demands, clapping. Krystal slowly stands up from her seat and awkwardly walks up to the stage.

She walks to the podium and gawkily speaks into the microphone. "Hi, everyone," Krystal says, nervously. "If I'm being honest, I haven't heard about this news report about me until now." Krystal admits, chuckling.

Krystal's eye catches the action of Principal Smith clicking a button on a small TV remote. She turns around, and down slowly drops a large projector. The lights turn off and the screen plays the news report. Krystal turns to the screen and watches the report.

We are witnessing the break-in of the abandoned Arkham Asylum! Allegedly, two teenagers by the names of Daniel Braxton and Krystal Kyle-Wayne, have broken into the asylum as a Halloween prank! One of the teens has severely injured their hand. Oh, I am getting a report that the legendary Batman has arrived to the scene of the crime! He is chasing down the teenagers for an unknown reason! Principal Smith skips a few seconds Batman is apparently speaking to the teenagers. A few seconds later...camera zooms in. This just in, Krystal seems to be speaking with Batman about him allegedly having a daughter of his own! What we are wondering, could Krystal be the superhero's alleged 'daughter'? Screen shuts off.

Krystal turns back to the audience. "Um..." Krystal stutters.

"She's a liar!" Brittany yells, standing up and pointing at Krystal.

"Liar! Liar! Liar!" The students chant, repeatedly. Danny is the only one in the crown who doesn't chant. Embarrassment flows throughout Krystal's body. She presses her lips in anger and rushes out of the auditorium.

------------------------------------------

Krystal slouches in embarrassment in the front office of the school and waits for her parents to arrive.

About 5 minutes later, Mr. and Mrs. Wayne arrive at the school and walk into the front office.

"Oh, sweetie, what happened?" Mrs. Wayne asks, walking to her daughter. "Are you hurt? Are you sick?" Mrs. Wayne worriedly asks her daughter, quickly after her first question.

"You could say that." Krystal shrugs.

"Sign her out, here." The lady at the front desk informs Mr. and Mrs. Wayne, handing them a clipboard with a sign in/sign out sheet attached to it. The Wayne's sign the paper and then head out to the black GMC.

-----------------------------------

Mr. Wayne drives, Mrs. Wayne, sits in the passenger's seat, and Krystal slouches in the backseat.

"So, Krystal, what happened?" Mr. Wayne asks his daughter, as he drives.

"Uh..." Krystal stutters. "Don't get mad!" Krystal warns her father.

"Well, now, I can't make any promises!" Mr. Wayne confesses.

Krystal grits her teeth in shame and embarrassment. "...People found out about my 'hints' last night about being your daughter because it was on the news and everyone started calling me a liar!" Krystal quickly says, embarrassed.

"YOU WHAT!?" Mr. Wayne exclaims, in anger.

"What?" Mrs. Wayne asks, confused.

"Last night, me and Danny broke into the Arkham Asylum, and while we were there, we got chased by a psychopath, so we jumped out a window and I hurt my hand, then later the paramedics and cops came, and then dad arrives and Danny and I run away and then dad caught us and I started talking and I was dropping hints about being Batman's daughter, but I didn't want to give away the secret at the same time and now everyone saw the news reports and thinks I'm a liar!" Krystal says, quickly, and nervously.

"Nice job!" Mrs. Kyle compliments her daughter's criminality.

"Selina!" Mr. Wayne exclaims, in shock and anger.

"What?" Mrs. Wayne asks. "She's embracing her criminality!" Mrs. Wayne adds, impressed. "And besides, people don't believe her, so what's the big deal?" Mrs. Wayne asks, not seeing the problem.

"The problem is everyone hates me!" Krystal exclaims, annoyed.

"Hey, at least you still have Gia and Jenna?" Selina says, adding a positive note to the situation.

"They have boyfriends and are too busy with them to talk to me." Krystal explains, crossing her arms, in sorrow.

"You have a boyfriend!" Mrs. Wayne reminds her daughter.

"Yeah, but if he blabs about your secret, you won't have a boyfriend anymore!" Mr. Wayne smiles. "And you won't have one for a very long time!" He adds, still smiling.

"He won't blab, I know Danny, that's something he'd do!" Krystal informs her father.

"And I know Mr. Braxton, he's white-privileged, blood-sucking, preppy, lying--"

"Sweetheart, calm down!" Mrs. Wayne reminds her husband, setting her hand on his muscled arm.

Mr. Wayne takes a deep breath. "What I'm trying to say is, it has the Braxton genes!" Mr. Wayne says, calmly.

"Did you call Danny an 'it'?" Krystal asks.

"Not the point!" Mr. Wayne reminds his daughter, as he pulls into the driveway.

"You're point is that all Braxton's are evil, witches?" Krystal asks, for clarification, as she, and her parents, get out out of the car.

"Couldn't have said it better!" Mr. Wayne smiles, as he walks into the house with his daughter and wife.

-------------------------

"Wow," Krystal chuckles. "That's really low for a superhero, dad!" Krystal comments, annoyed.

"Yes, but here's the thing, at the moment, I'm not Batman, I'm your father." Mr. Wayne reminds his daughter, smiling.

"A father who doesn't give people a chance!" Krystal fires at her father. "I've only known you a little over a year, and I expected so much more from you!" Krystal confesses. Krystal runs upstairs to her bedroom.

Mrs. Wayne gives her husband a comforting hug, rubbing his back.