Chapter 19

Krystal rushes out of the elevator of the Gotham General Hospital that stops on the fourth floor. She runs to the nurse's desk.

"Hello, how may I help you?" The nurse says, kindly.

"Where's Daniel Braxton?" Krystal asks, worried.

"How do you have a connection to him?" The nurse asks, typing on her computer.

"I'm a classmate of his!" Krystal exclaims.

"I'm sorry, I can only give information about a patient to their family." The nurse says, kindheartedly.

Krystal presses her lips together in anger. She reaches over the desk and grabs the nurse's scrub collar.

"Look, lady, you are going to tell me where Daniel Braxton is and how I can get there," Krystal demands. "And if you don't, I'll tell your boss you snuck into his room in the middle of the night and flirted with his unconscious body, got it?" Krystal blackmails the nurse in a whisper.

"Y-Yes, miss!" The woman says, scared.

Krystal smiles at the nurse and let's go of her collar of her scrub shirt.

The nurse rapidly types into the computer to get Danny's information.

The nurse finally gets his information. "Daniel E. Braxton is on the fifth floor and his room number is five, nine, zero." The nurse informs Krystal.

"Great, thanks." Krystal says with a smile. She walks to the elevator and gets inside it.

------------------------
Krystal walks out of the elevator and goes down the hallway to get to room 590.

She arrives at 590 and walk in. Krystal leans on the doorpost. Danny is asleep in his hospital bed, the only sound being made is the beeping of his heart rate machine. Krystal smiles and walks into his hospital room.

She pulls up a white, cushioned chair. She looks at Danny's sleeping body with a smile.

"Hey Danny," Krystal says. "Just wanted to see how you were doing." Krystal jokes. "Anyway, I was in first period when I first heard you were in here," Krystal says, pushing her brown hair behind her ear. "And, sorry for last night, I was just-scared." Krystal confesses, sadly, looking down at the ground.

"But aside from that, you should know why I came here." Krystal says, looking back up. "I came here because I was worried about you," She confesses. "I was scared you would die!" Krystal exclaims, standing up.

"It sounds crazy that I'm saying this, but I care about you!" Krystal confesses, sounding as if she's about to cry. "Not only do I care about you, I like you! And not just as a friend, Danny!" Krystal declares.

Krystal sighs. "You know, I think I'll go, you can't hear me, and you probably don't care about anything I'm saying," Krystal says, calmly. "Goodbye, Danny." Krystal concludes her rant. Krystal walks to the door.

Just before she could set her hand on the silver door handle, someone softly moans.

"Kris?" The person asks, unsure of who came in.

Krystal turns around. "Danny?" Krystal asks in shock. Danny smiles. Krystal dashes back to Danny's hospital bed. She kneels down next to him.

"Y'know, all those things you said," Danny says. "I heard," Danny admits.

"You did?" Krystal asks in shock.

"Yeah." Danny says with a smile and a little chuckle.

"Wow," Krystal says, giggling. "Now I feel like an idiot!" Krystal confesses, chuckling.

"Don't!" Danny smirks. "You know why?" Danny asks. Krystal looks at him. "Because-I like you too." Danny confesses with a white smile.

"You do?" Krystal asks, happily. "But, why?" Krystal asks, confused.

"Because," Danny says. "You're beautiful, smart, caring, not to mention a badass!" Danny explains. The two of them giggle together. "Why do you like me?" Danny asks.

"Because," Krystal says. "You're sweet, caring, talented, and the coolest person I've ever met!" Krystal explains.

Danny smiles and takes one of Krystal's hands. "Krystal," Danny says. "Will you do me the honor, of being my girlfriend?" Danny asks, with a smile.

Krystal smiles. "Yes!" Krystal exclaims. Krystal hugs Danny.

"Wait, why about our families?" Krystal asks, remember that her father and Mr. Braxton have a feud between them.

"So what?" Danny asks. Danny takes Krystal's other hand and holds them both. "If we want to be together, then we should!" Danny exclaims, confidently. "If our dad'a hate each other, than that's that's their problem, right?" Danny asks, concluding his rant.

"Yeah!" Krystal exclaims. "You're absolutely right!" Krystal agrees with a smile. "My mom and dad were complete opposites, but they still got together!" Krystal informs Danny.

"What?" Danny asks, confused.

"Oh, uh, nothing!" Krystal says, nervously.

"Alright, get dressed, we're leaving!" Krystal demands.

"Oh, uh-" Danny stutters.

"Oh, right!" Krystal exclaims, knowing what Danny was going to say. Krystal exits the room and stands outside the door of Danny's hospital room.

---------------------------
Danny walks out of the hospital room wearing black jeans, an army printed sweatshirt, and dark red slip on shoes.

Danny and Krystal walk to the elevator.

"Hey! You can't just leave!" The nurse at the desk hollers. Danny and Krystal laugh and run to the elevator. They quickly get inside and then leave the hospital.