Chapter 11

2 days later ( Monday, after school)

Krystal shuts her locker after getting out the things she needed. She turns around and finds Danny. She shrieks, not expecting his presence at her locker.

"Hey, Kris." Danny says with a smile.

"Hey, Danny." Krystal says with a happy smile. "What's up?" Krystal asks nicely.

"Not much," Danny says, looking down at the floor. "I just wanted to invite you to my birthday party on November seventh." Danny says, handing Krystal and black and gold card.

Krystal takes the card and looks at it. "Sure, I'd love to go!" Krystal says with a smile.

"Cool, and if it's not too much, I'm having a little get-together on Wednesday, if you wanna come, here's my address." Danny hands Krystal a yellow sticky-note with his address on it.

Krystal takes the sticky-note and looks at it. "I'll be there!" Krystal says with a smile.

"Great, see you Wednesday!" Danny says, patting Krystal on the shoulder and smiling. He walks away and goes out to the school parking lot. Krystal follows soon after.

----------------------------
Krystal walks in the door of her house with a smile on her face.

"Krystal? Is that you?" Her mother hollers, hearing the front door shut.

"Yeah!" Krystal hollers back, still smiling. Krystal walks to the kitchen where her mother is.

-----------------------------
"Hi, honey, how was you day at school?" Mrs. Kyle asks her daughter, as she cute up tomatoes for a salad.

"Wonderful!" Krystal responds, sound as if she's in love.

"Oh, and whys that?" Mrs. Kyle asks, happily.

"Because," Krystal says. "Danny invited me to his birthday party on November seventh and to hang out on Wednesday!" Krystal says, excitedly.

"Oh, honey, that's great!" Mrs. Kyle says, sympathetically, and putting the tomato slices into the clear bowl of salad.

"I know!" Krystal agrees with a smile.

"What's so great?" Mr. Wayne asks as he walks into the kitchen.

"Dad, can I go to a party on November seventh?" Krystal asks, saying her salad.

"Who's it for?" Mr. Wayne asks. "Who's hosting it?" Mr. Wayne asks a follow up question.

"It's for Danny Braxton, it's his birthday party." Krystal explains.

"Who's that?" Mr. Wayne asks.

Krystal remembers something. "Nevermind, that party's gonna be boring, anyway," Krystal says nervously. "I'll be in my room." Krystal says. Krystal speed walks upstairs and into her room.

Krystal remembered that her father and Mr. Braxton have hated each other since childhood. She doesn't know why, all she knows is that her father will never let her go to Danny's party!