Chapter 26

Krystal and Danny walk around the first floor of the asylum. It's pitch black and they can't even see each other.

"Damn, this place is dark!" Danny comments.

"Yeah, but I have a flashlight." Krystal says, smiling, and taking out her black flashlight. Krystal turns on her flashlight.

She moves the flashlight around to see what the place looks like. There's rusty, old, cells, dead poison ivy, and bugs and insects crawling around.

"Wow!" Krystal exclaims, in shock.

"This place is creepier than I think ugly it would be." Danny comments, dolling the direction of the flashlight.

"Yeah!" Krystal agrees.

Danny gets an idea. "Hey, lets go see if the elevators work!" Danny exclaims. "Maybe we could find more creepy stuff!" Danny says, walking in front behind Krystal.

------------
They arrive at the elevators area. Danny presses the button with the 'up' arrow.

"Danny, are sure about this?" Krystal asks Danny, scared.

"Yeah, why?" Danny asks. "You scared?" Danny asks, nudging Krystal in the arm with his elbow.

"Pfft! No!" Krystal lies, trying to seem tough.

"Sure, Kris, sure!" Danny chuckles. "Don't worry, I'm right here." Danny smiles, putting out his hand for Krystal to take. Krystal takes Danny's hand and they walk into the elevator.

--------
Krystal tightly holds onto Danny's hand as the elevator goes to the 7th floor.

"Um, Kris, Krystal, Krystal!" Danny exclaims, trying to get Krystal's attention.

"What?" Krystal asks.

"If you squeeze my hand any tighter, my whole arm will come off!" Danny hints, exaggerating the not-so-subtle message.

"Oh, sorry." Krystal apologizes, letting go of Danny's hand.