Chapter Three

~ Hermione Granger ~

I got back home from the Burrow an hour and a half ago. They invited me to stay over for dinner but I didn't want to be a bother so I decided to come home. I can just get a pizza or something for dinner. Even though Molly's cooking is to die for.

I feel bad for not telling Harry that we're half siblings but I don't think Snape would've wanted me to. Also I feel like Harry would want to find out when no one else is around to hear about his mother's infidelity. Especially his best friend and his girlfriend.

Peck.Peck.Peck

I spin around to see my owl pecking at my bedroom window. I rush to open it so the owl can come in. It's my ruddy brown owl named Zelda. I untye the letter off of Zelda's ankle. I give her a treat and she flies over to her perch in the corner of my bedroom. I bring the letter over to my desk and sit down. I unroll the letter and I read it.

Dear Miss Granger,

Although I am glad you have learned of the truth, I must ask that you withhold this information from others. At least for a little while. Especially Potter and the Weasley's. I know you must have questions but I ask that you refrain from asking them over a letter. Come see me when the school year starts, assuming that you are coming back for your final year to take your NEWT's. I am very proud of your accomplishments and your mother would also be very proud of you. I shall see you when term resumes.

Sincerely,
Severus Snape

I sigh and drop the letter onto the desk. How am I not supposed to ask questions until the school year starts? That's not for another two months! I get that the Ministry will probably be reading any letter that is sent to Snape since he is an Ex-Death Eater, even though he was doing that to be a double agent for Dumbledore. I also messed up and already told Harry, Ron, and Ginny that Snape's my biological father. I stifle groan and try not to crumple the letter up.

I grab a piece of parchment and my trusty ball-point pen. Who needs an ink well and quill when you have a ball-point pen?

Dear Professor Snape,

I understand. I shall see you when the school year begins.

Sincerely,
Hermione Granger

I tye the letter to Zelda's ankle and send her on her merry way. Hopefully he sends my owl back with a reply or not sooner then he did last time.