Chapter Ten

~ Hermione Granger ~

The next morning I wake up and get ready as if it was a normal day. But when I see that Draco is waiting for me in the Common Room I remember what happened in this very room last night. The asshole blackmailed me into pretending to be his bloody girlfriend!

"Ah, Hermione, you're finally ready. Let's go" Draco says, weirdly polite.

We leave the dorm together and I feel something slip into my hand. I look down and see that Draco is trying to hold my hand. Instinctively I pull my hand away. I look up at the pale blonde boy to see genuine hurt on his face. I groan and grab his hand, intertwining our fingers together.

"Why did you want me to pretend to be your girlfriend?" I ask him quietly as we walk through the halls of Hogwarts.

"I dunno" Draco says with a simple shrug.

I look up at him, sheer shock on my face. He doesn't know why he's forcing me to pretend to be his bloody girlfriend? What the hell is up with this guy?

I very loudly groan when the doors to the Great Hall come into view. I can tell that Draco is looking down at me with confusion on his face but I don't care. What are Harry, Ginny, and Ron going to think? It's not like I can tell them he's making me pretend that we are in a relationship.

"It's fine Hermione, don't worry about what other people think" Draco says, sounding suprisingly sympathetic and supportive at the same time.

I look up and glare at him.

"It's your fault Draco. It's not like we're actually dating" I whisper.

"Don't say stuff like that in public Hermione, it'll foil my plans" Draco says quietly, a michevious glint in his eyes.

I groan and we walk into the Great Hall. The whole room falls silent and all eyes are on us. Even the teachers, including Dad, have stopped talking and now are looking at Draco and I. I turn to look at him and he does the same to me.

"See you later Hermione" Draco says and presses a kiss on to my cheek.

He walks away from me and other to the Slytherin table, leaving me alone. I almost sprint over to my normal spot at the Gryffindor table, my cheeks as red as Ron's hair. Half of the Great Hall is staring at me while the other half is staring at Draco. I swear that Dad is glaring at Draco.

"What the hell was that Hermione?" Ginny asks me, sounding dissapointed in me.

I look up from the table to meet her gaze and she looks extremely concerned. Molly's maternal instincts have definitely worn off on Ginny over the years, for better or for worse.

"Draco and I are....dating" I say quietly.

"Since when?" Harry asks with wide eyes.

"Since yesterday" I said.

"Yesterday was the first day of classes Mione" Ron pointed out.

"I know that Ronald" I snap at him.

He looks at me with wide eyes for a second before his features return to normal.

"I'm sorry. I'm just really stressed out right now" I say with a heavy sigh.

Understatement of the year. First I have the secret that Harry and I are half-siblings now I have Draco blackmailing me into being his pretend girlfriend for no reason at all! How could my life get any worse?

"But why Malfoy?" Harry asks.

"I seriously don't know Harry. Fate works in mysterious ways" I reply vaguely.

Harry simply nods and turns his attention to his breakfast. I follow his lead and eat a little bit, not hungry again for some reason.

~~~~~~~

When it's time to head to our first class of the day, Draco is waiting for me outside of the Great Hall. We both have Defense Against The Dark Arts so we can walk there together. We hold hands again, shocking everyone near us in the hallway who didn't see us at breakfast this morning.

"Can I give you a nickname?" Draco whispers close to my ear.

"Sure" I reply flatly.

"The Gryffindor's already call you Mione so what about.....Mia?" He asks.

"Mia?" I ask skeptically.

"Do you not like it?" Draco asks, actually sounding somewhat dissapointed.

"Mia is fine Draco" I say with a huff.

"Now you can give me a nickname" Draco says, sounding happy with himself.

"Asshole?"

"No"

"Asshat?"

"Definitely not"

"Um.....how about Drake?"

"Blaise and Pansy already call me that"

"Dray?"

"Dray is perfect"

I look up at Draco and he's actually smiling. The smile is a genuine one that I can't help but return. Sometimes he can actually be pretty cute. Did I just call Draco cute? Nope, I did not. That did not happen.

I look ahead of us to see Harry, Ginny, and Ron staring at the two of us with disbelief written over all of their faces. I bet they actually think Draco and I are in a real relationship. Which we aren't.

I just hope pretending to be in a relationship with Draco doesn't lead to something more...something I've never thought of.

What will I do if it does?