Chapter Two

~ Hermione Granger ~

It's been three days and I haven't gotten and response letter from Snape yet. I suppose I should call him Dad or Father or something like that since he is my biological father. Should I be worried that he hasn't responded yet? Nevermind that, I have decided that today is the day that I'm going to tell Harry, Ron, and Ginny.

I change into a black tank top, jean shorts, and black sneakers before walking downstairs. Luckily Mr and Mrs Granger installed the Floo Network during my Fourth Year at Hogwarts.

I grab a handful of Floo powder and climb into the oversized fire place.

"The Burrow!" I yell loud and clear as I throw the Floor powder onto the ground.

A few seconds later I'm standing in the Weasley living room. Where Harry, Ron, and Ginny are convienently talking. I climb out of the fire place and dust myself off as they look at me.

"Hermione!" Ginny exclaims.

She runs over to me and envelopes me in a bone crushing hug. I hug her back and soon we're joined by Harry and Ron. After a minute they pull away, letting me breathe.

"This is a suprise" Harry says.

"Sorry about that" I say sheepishly, scratching the back of my neck.

"Don't worry it's fine" Ron replies.

"Anyways what's up? We haven't seen you in ages" Ginny asks.

She's right. I haven't been to the Burrow ever since the week after the war. I feel bad but then again the house is a very reminder of who we all lost on the battlefield.

"I have something very important to tell you three. And you can't tell anyone else" I say, lowering my voice.

"Okay, let's go upstairs to my room then" Ginny suggests.

I nod and she leads Harry, Ron, and I upstairs and into her bedroom. She closes the door and places a light muffling charm on the room. I sit down on her bed with a sigh. Will they hate me after I tell them? Why would they? It's not my fault that Snape is my real dad.

"Do you all promise not to tell another soul?" I ask seriously, shifting my gaze between the three of them.

"We promise" They say in sync.

Creepy much?

"Okay...I um..I was adopted" I say quietly.

"What? Really?" Ron splutters.

"Yes really Ronald" I scowl at him.

"Do you know who your real parents are?" Ginny asks.

I slowly nod my head. I know who both of my biological parents are. And it just so happens to be Snape, the dungeon bat that the three of them hate so much, and Harry's mother. What a great family I have.

"Who are they Mione?" Harry asks softly.

"it's snape" I say quietly, looking down at the wooden floor.

"Who?" Ginny probes.

"My biological father is Severus Snape" I say, looking up and making eye contact with her.

"S-Snape is your dad?" Harry splutters.

"Yeah, tell me about it. I only found out because I had to read the damn adoption forms. And Hermione isn't even my real name. It's Alannah" I say with a big huff.

"Have you two talked at all?" Ginny asks, coming to sit next to me.

"No. I sent him a letter the other day, which he has yet to return" I sigh.

"Do you want us to call you Alannah?" Harry asks.

"No!" I exclaims.

Harry nods.

"Do you know who your mum is?" Ron asks.

"No. It only had Snape's names on the adoption forms" I lie.

I can't tell Harry in front of Ron and Ginny. I'll have to tell him later on when it's just the two of us.

"I wonder who it is" Harry mutters.

"How do you think I feel?" I say sarcastically.

"When did you find out?" Ginny asks in a comforting voice.

"Three days ago" I reply.

"So the Granger's didn't tell you at all?" Harry asks.

"Nope, Snape told them not to in a letter" I reply.

"Why?" Ron asks.

"Because it would be 'unsafe' for me to know or whatever" I say with a sigh.

"That makes sense, I guess, because he was a double agent for the Order and all. I just don't get why he didn't tell you after the war was over" Ginny ponders.

"I don't either Gin" I say with a sad smile.