(13) A Promise

It's been nearly a month since I first officially moved my things from LA to Brighton. Jack and I did get into a stupid fight over the internet but we reworked our schedules to resolve the issue. In fact it actually works out better for both of us. Jack planned a day for us and wouldn't tell me anything. He just told me to be comfortable. So I put on pants and a t-shirt. Jack and I began our day with breakfast at home followed by his mystery day.

When we arrived at the pier I smiled excitedly. We had come before and I always loved it. We spent most the day at the pier and walking on the beach just laughing and talking about everything. We ate lunch on the beach where we ran into Felix and Marzia out walking with the pugs and heading to meet up with PJ. We talked briefly before we walked back to the pier and did a bit of shopping and exploring before dinner time. When I told Jack that I was hungry he just smiled and told me to close my eyes. I was indeed confused but I trusted him and closed my eyes. Jack took my hands and guided me. I felt as the surface under my feet changed from the solid surface around the pier to the soft surface of what was probably sand. I kept following Jack even though I was getting more confused.

"Jack where are you leading me?" I asked.

"You'll see shortly wub wub." Jack smiles and kisses my head.

We walked a bit farther before we stopped. "Open your eyes." Jack smiles with a hand on my lower back. I opened my eyes to see a red blanket laid on the sand with a few pillows and a picnic basket and a small cooler. I looked back at Jack who was holding a bouquet of (Favorite flowers) and a smile was on his face. I returned the smile and hugged him. "Did a little pug dad help you?" I asked with a small laugh. Jack shrugs and smiles gesturing to the blanket. "I don't think so." Jack and I sat on the blanket and he opened the basket and pulled out some (favorite fruit) and I smiled at it as we began our snacking. We watched the waves crash against the shore. Once the fruit was gone Jack cleared his throat a bit to get my attention.

I looked back over at Jack as he pulled one of the flowers from the bouquet and broke the stem off to trim it. "I have to be honest this isn't my idea. I couldn't plan anything this nice. Even in my dreams. But I wanted to make it special." Jack talked softly as he put the flower in my hair and gently caressed my face. I leaned into his warm hand with a smile on my face. "I know." I replied knowingly but soft not to ruin the moment we were in but I lifted my head as what he said clicked in my head. "You're not about to propose are you? I'm not sure I'm ready for that Sean." I quickly said looking at him Jack shook his head laughing and adjusted the way he was seated and took my hands in his.

"No little one but I do want to do something. I know we both aren't ready for that long term step but I am ready for this and I think you are too. (Y/N), you moved all the way here to be with me. We are here to make this work this time and so far we have. Sure we have argued but we've worked things out and I will do whatever I can to make you happy. You are my ohana and I would liked to make a promise right here right now with this ring," Jack hurried to pull a silver ring with two hearts holding our birthstones. "This ring I want to promise to be there for you through thick and then, near or far, and I will always be your Boss as long as you are my ohana. I promise that when the time comes I will be proud and honored to see you walk down the aisle in white to become my wife, but for now, I promise to love you undoubtedly." Jack slid the ring on my hand as I couldn't help but tear up as he talked.

Jack wiped the tears from my face as he feathered light kissed from my forehead down across the bridge of my nose till the meet my own lips. I reach my arms up and around his neck as his rested on my hips. I look up at him as we pulled away and he wipes a few last tear drops away with a smile on his face. "I accept your promise Sean." I whisper not wanting to chance my voice cracking. Jack smiles even more as he leans down to lightly kiss me again. "I love you (Y/N)." I smile leaning my head onto his chest to listen to his heartbeat as I respond. "I love you too Sean."