31.

Elizabeth didn't understand the feeling in her stomach, but she knew that it had something to do with her hunter side. Carlisle, Damon and the two Mikaelson brothers along with Jacob left Alicia and Esme's wedding in search of the scared girl in pairs. Carlisle and Elijah, Klaus and Rose, Damon and Jacob.

"Elizabeth!" Elijah continued to call out.

"What if she's dead?" Carlisle dead panned. Elijah stopped him and put a hand on his chest.

"Where did that come from?" He asked. Carlisle sighed.

"I'm sorry- my mate just ran away into the woods at night. Excuse me for having bad thoughts." Carlisle said rather rudely and continued walking, looking for his mates scent or any sign of her.

"What's your problem Carlisle? It can't just be the unknown whereabouts of Elizabeth." Elijah asked stuffing his hands into his pockets, walking slightly behind Carlisle.

"This isn't the time, Elijah." Carlisle muttered, continuing to walk, calling out his mates name in hopes that she'd respond.
-
Rosalie and Klaus walked in a comfortable silence. They weren't very familiar with each other, but knew enough to consider each other acquaintances.

"So after living for a thousand years, you must have met the volturi." Rose asked, breaking the silence. The only time they'd talked is when they called out Elizabeth's name.

"No. I've heard about them many times to know not to get involved in their nonsense. I may be a powerful hybrid, but they would have ways of killing me. Now, I don't know about you but I would prefer to keep my head." He smiled at her and she nodded.

"You can never tell when they want to behead you or not." They both laughed.

"Your husband and my brother are planning on combining their forces to prank Elizabeth." Klaus stated and Rose looked at at him and smiled.

"Yeah, I heard. It'll be interesting to see what they pull off." She sighed, not wanting to think about the bad things that could happen to Elizabeth.
-
Damon walked next to a wolf Jacob and looked up at him.

"Your girlfriends cute." He smirked and Jacob snarled at him.

"Chill. It was just a compliment. Besides, I have a girlfriend back in Mystic Falls... though she's in a sleep spell type thing." Jacob looked at him. "Long story short, a douche bag put a spell on my girlfriend ,Elena, and her best witchy friend Bonnie. Only one could live at a time, but Elena had taken this thing called 'the cure' where she couldn't be turned back into a vampire, so she decided to let Bonnie live her life while she's sleeping in a coffin for the next few decades." Damon finished, sighing. Jacob made a grunting noise and Damon smirked.

"Elizabeth, come out, come out, wherever you are!" Damon sang and Jacob gave him a look.
-
Elizabeth jogged through the woods, breathing heavily. She shivered, the cold setting into her and making her move slower. A twig snapped behind her and she came face to face with Aro and a witch. The witch looked scared as hell and Aro smiled wickedly. The pain in Elizabeth's stomach progressed into a pain in her chest. She screamed in pain, falling to the ground and clutched her chest.

"Elizabeth, you denied my merciful request so now I will have to take you by force." His face grew serious as he walked up to her.

"Aro!" Rosalie yelled. Her and Klaus sped over to Elizabeth just in time for Carlisle and Elijah to come running over.

"We heard a scream." Elijah stood next to his brother. Damon and Jacob here the last ones to arrive at their little gathering. Klaus stood the closest to Elizabeth so he draped his coat around her shoulders and helped her stand up, letting her lean on him as much as she needed. Elizabeth took heavy breaths as she glared at the red eyes vampire.

"What a lovely surprise. Carlisle, Rosalie and...company." Aro faked a smile. His eyes wondered to the three other vampires, but stopped when they landed on Klaus.

"Niklaus Mikaelson. And Elijah Mikaelson. The two original vampires...of your kind. Where are your other siblings?"

"Two of them are dead and two are back at the house." Elijah responded, looking at the young girl out the corner of his eye. "We were in the middle of a reception." He added. Aro's eyes lit up.

"Ah yes! Alicia and Esme." He clasped his hands together.

"Yeah, no offence but we need to get Elizabeth back to the house before she freezes to death." Damon cut to the chase.

"She isn't going anywhere. I've had eyes watching you and I have knowledge that you managed to see just how dangerous that girl really is."

"So you drew her out into the cold woods just to capture her?" Carlisle snarled.

"Leave, before we get the full cavalry on you." Damon sassed.

"And how will you do that? You're just outside of forks." Aro laughed.

"Alice." Elizabeth whispered, speaking for the first time. Aro frowned.

"I want her monitored- send me updates every week or I will come and remove her from your care. This is your last warning. Or do I have to send another one of your friends, Elizabeth?" Aro sped away and Elizabeth was picked up by Klaus. He always secretly had a soft spot for the girl, she was one of the only people that could make him smile. She wrapped her arms around his neck and lay her head in the crook of his neck.

"And you witch- you were the one to cast the spell?" Elijah asked, walking up to the middle aged woman.

"I am not scared of you vampire!" She spat in a thick Italian accent.

"Yes, i do apologise for this." Elijah sped in front of the witch, before she could do anything and snapped her neck. Elizabeth quickly looked away and shuddered at the thought.

"You alright kid?" Damon asked, moving some hair from her face. Her face was completely pale and her skin was cold. She nodded and shook from the cold.

"Elijah do you mind taking Elizabeth. I'm going to go have a little chat with Aro." Klaus handed the shivering girl over to his brother and Elijah took her gracefully. She instantly wrapped her arms around his neck and lay her head in his shoulder.

"I'm sorry I ran off." She whispered to him, as the group made their way back to the Cullen residence. Elijah and Damon walked behind everyone else.

"You did the right thing. I just wish you have warned me." Elijah laughed and Elizabeth smiled.

"Your sister is still probably worrying about you." Damon stated. Elizabeth shut her eyes and listened to the sounds around her.

-

By the time the group had gotten back to the house, it was 11:45pm, which meant that the reception would just be ending, though it ended half an hour before, everyone saying that they'd rather know if Elizabeth was okay then continue partying. The wolves had left, but Jacob still had contact with them so he let them know that she was okay. The Denali's, Stefan and the two younger Mikaelson siblings had stayed to see the young hunter, as Alice had a vision and told them she'd be fine. The Cullen's were extremely worried, especially Alicia and Esme. They didn't want to leave until they knew that Elizabeth was safe. As Elijah emerged with the young girl and the rest of the group, Alicia stood up and ran to her sister. Elijah smiled at the happy moment, as did everyone else. Alicia looked down at her sleeping sister and tears broke.

"She's safe." She smiled, a sigh of relief escaping her lips.