35.

Sup, so this is another flashback chapter and I hope you all like it.
-

It was Elizabeth and her twin brother, Andrews' 8th birthday. They got handed their presents and eagerly ripped them open. Andrews eyes widened.

"A remote controlled helicopter! Thanks dad and mum!" He cried as he hugged his present. He looked at what his sister got and she smiled at her gift.

"Wow." She gasped and held up the toy dinosaurs. "Thanks mum and dad." Her parents smiled at her.

"You're welcome princess." Daniel, her father kissed the top of her head and ruffled his sons hair.

"There's still my present for you guys." Alicia called out. She looked at her parents who nodded. They smiled at their older sister who handed them each a box. The boxes were similar in size, but once the twins looked inside and at each other's, they gasped. Elizabeth held up a compound bow which came with twelve sharp pointed stainless steel arrows. The bow itself was a shiny bronze colour and was heavy, compared to the arrows which were fairly light.

"Thanks Alicia!" She jumped up and hugged her older sister. Andrew looked at what was inside his box. Two strong steel staffs glistened and he looked down, seeing a small knife set. The four knives were no bigger than 6 inches and he smiled, running and hugging his sited as well.

"This is great!" Andrew exclaimed.

"Dad can we go out and use them? Please!" Elizabeth begged Daniel who shook his head.

"Not now sweetie, but tonight is you and your brothers first hunt." He said and the twins looked at each other awestruck.

"Let's go outside and practice!" The twins dropped their weapons and ran outside, starting to practice their combat skills. Andrew and Elizabeth were matches in their ability of hand to hand combat, though when it came to using weapons, Elizabeth was more skilled than her brother. Narissa and Daniel stood outside, watching them spar along with Alicia.

"Are you sure their ready dad?" The oldest asked. Her father nodded his head.

"Their well beyond ready."

-

"What happened!" Elizabeth was yelled at by her parents, as she dragged her brother towards them by his arm.

"He was bit by the wolf! I-I killed it but Drew's bleeding real bad!" The young hunter cried.

"It's okay, We'll get him all better."
After many stitches and pain later, Andrew was resting in his room. Alicia comforted her younger sister in their shared room, as Elizabeth continued to glare at the ground.

"It's all my fault. I distracted him and he got hurt." She pouted and her sister shushed her.

"He'll be fine. Don't worry." She hugged Elizabeth and they both sighed.

Daniel walked into Andrews room to check in on how he was doing.

"Dad?"

"Hmm?"

"Am I gonna die?" His father chuckled and shook his head.

"No son. But with enough rest, you'll be just fine. Though you won't be able to join us on the next hunt over in Manchester." Daniel sighed. Andrews eyes widened.

"What! No I'm fine, see?" Before he could get up, his father put a hand on his chest and pushed him back down onto the bed.

"No Andrew, you are not fit to hunt."

"But-"

"Andrew that's a no! And that's final." Daniel shouted. Andrew shrunk back and sighed, as soon as his dad left.

"This sucks." He grumbled.

-

"So the plan is Eli and Alicia, you two will come in from the left, Narissa you'll come from the right and I'll come from behind, where we can corner the witch and take her out." Daniel went over the plan, as Elizabeth took a deep breath and took the safety off her gun. It was filled with witch killing bullets.

"We ready?" Daniel asked his family. They nodded their heads.

"Let's do this." Elizabeth smirked.
They had cornered the witch in an abandoned warehouse, but before anyone could shoot or say something, the witch flicked her wrist and the family flew back. Alicia flew into a mirror, Daniel and his wife flew into each other and landed on the ground with a thud. Elizabeth, because she was so light, was thrown harshly into a brick wall and cried out. She gently touched her collarbone and hissed at the pain. Her sister crawled over to her.

"'Liza you okay? Alicia whispered. She nodded and they got up.

"Do anything funny and I shoot you." Daniel shouted, pointing his gun at the red headed witch.

"What makes you think-" BANG! The witch fell to the ground, blood pouring from her head and stood behind her was Andrew.

"Andrew Malakai White! What are you doing here!" Daniel was enraged at the boy.

"I came to help."

"I told you to stay home!"

"Dad I wanted to help fight." Daniel grabbed Andrew by the neck and yanked him outside. He threw the boy roughly onto the ground and towered over him.

"You wanna fight? Lets fight!"

"Dad no!" Elizabeth cried. Alicia had to hold her sister back, fearing that she too would get hurt. Andrew stood up and he and Daniel started to fight. Daniel kicked Andrew in the stomach and Andrew fell to the ground, clutching it.

"Stand down!" Daniel yelled. Elizabeth watched, with a fearful look in her eye as her brother stood up and faced her father.

"No." Andrew whipped out his staff and his father laughed.

"You really think that you can beat me?" Daniel got out his knife and they started to fight once more. Daniel struck Andrew in the chest with the knife and Elizabeth cried out. Alicia wept quietly, comforted by her mother who never looked once throughout the whole thing. Elizabeth didn't care about the pain in her chest, she ran over to her twin brother and grabbed his face.

"Andrew don't go!" She cried.

"I'll see you later." Andrew croaked as his eyes closed.

"Andrew!" Elizabeth screamed, as Alicia came over and grabbed her.

"No! Let me go!"

"I'm sorry."