Chapter:4

Not even 15 minutes later, we park in front of a small diner.

"This place has the best pizza in the city" Aaron said as we parked outside it.

There weren't any other cars except for Aaron's and a truck.

We made our way inside the diner and sat at a random table. It was large enough to fit six people.

Aaron was typing away in his phone. I took out my phone too.

I had nothing to do, so I scrolled down YouTube to find something that might catch my eye. After a few seconds I put down my phone sighing.

"They'll be here in 10 minutes. Don't worry my friends will like you." Aaron said with a small smile.

I smiled back. "I hope they do."

As if on cue, the bell above the door chimed.

I looked over and found Ryder. He scanned the diner and smiled when his eyes landed on Aaron.

"Summer and Bri will be here a bit late. Apparently they went shopping." He said sitting down beside Aaron.

"What is with you guys skipping school? Aren't you worried about your grades?" I asked.

"They aren't a big deal. And you are?" Ryder paused for a second. "Sorry, that sounded rude."

"It actually did." I laughed. "I'm Eli James"

"The new girl people were talking about.." he muttered to himself. "I'm Ryder free. Nice to meet you" he told me.

"You too." I grinned.

Ten minutes later the bell at the door chimed and none other than Asher walked in.

He made his way towards the table we are sitting.

"Hey Aaron, Ryder and..." He looked at me, probably judging me. "New girl. Do I know you?"

"Probably not. Eli James."

"Eli. I'm Asher" he said and the three boys started a conversation which I was not involved.

"It was a long day. I'm craving for some pizza" a voice said from behind me.

Summer sat beside me, not before kissing Ryder.

"You are probably Eli." She said, smiling.

"I am." I smiled back.

After the introduction and ordering food, summer and Brianne started a conversation and included me at some parts.

Thankfully no one decide that to bring up where I came from and why I joined school in the in the middle of the semester.

After eating the pizzas we all headed back to the parking lot. It was a while after 4 so there is no point in going back to school.

"Do you have a ride back home?"Aaron asks me stopping by his car.

"No but I'll ask my uncle to pick me up"

"I'll drop you where do you live?"

"It's fine. my house isn't far away"

"No insist.I got you here. Where do you live?"

So I told him my address.

"You live next door to Asher."

"No its–" he cut me off.

"Hey Ash? Can you drop off Eli? she lives on your street." He said to Asher.

"Sure. Hop in."  Asher told me getting into his car and buckling up. I followed his actions and we drove off.

~*~

Edited