Chapter 18

I stood up and walked inside the room. Summer was sitting against the headboard with her hands in Asher's. They both were staring at the nurse who entered with a tray in her hand.

"Hi Summer." I said with fake enthusiasm. She just frowned at me in confusion.

"Excuse me, Miss?" I called the nurse, who suddenly became stiff.

"I think you have something that you aren't supposed to bring in here" I asked her.

"Eli? What are you talking about?" Summer asked. I looked at Ash and nodded towards the nurse.

I heard him curse under his breath. I kept my cool standing like nothing happened.

"I-I don't know what you are talking about.." The nurse stuttered.

"I have a few ideas." I stepped closer.

"D-don't come any closer" she tried to threaten.

"What would you do?" I said taking another step. She suddenly took out her gun and pointed at me.

"I'd shoot you"

"Me? An innocent girl like me who happens to find a gun stuck to your waist?" I asked her with an innocent voice. From the corner of my eye I saw Asher look at me in amusement.

"I know you are nothing but innocent." She gritted her teeth. That's what I wanted. She was angry. No one thinks straight when they are angry.

"Are you sure?" I asked putting my hands in the pockets of the hoodie I was wearing, feeling my gun.

"I saw you kill, bitch." She suddenly screamed. Summer's eyes widened. She looked at Asher but he was staring at me.

"He saw me kill too. It's not a big deal." I shrugged.

"You killed my boyfriend." She said. Angry tears were flowing down her face. "I was there that day. You killed Caden brutally. I-I saw you do it. I loved him you know? He was my only family." She whispered the last part.

"I'm sorry" I said. She looked taken aback by my apology. "Not for killing him. I'm sorry because you had to loose someone you love. I know how that feels. But I had to kill him. He is not a saint. Do you know what he did?"

She shook her head.

"He was not the person you thought he was. He did bad things. Really bad things."

"W-what does h-he do?" She whispered.

"Child, women and drug trafficking, murder, rape and what not?"

By now I was pretty sure she is having a panic attack inside.

"He did all those?" She asked with a small voice.

"Yeah he did. He was not what you thought he was..." I trailed away not knowing her name.

"Lydia"

"Lydia, he was a bad guy. I had to kill him."

"As a woman, thank you for doing that" she said.

"Okay. Now put your gun down. We aren't killing each other. Okay?"

"I can't. I have to kill you. And him." She pointed to Asher.

"Why? Can't you just leave it alone? Before I kill you for trying to kill him?"

"He will kill me if I don't."

"Who is he? Lydia Who threatened you?"

"I dont know. He phoned me and told me I had a job and will pay me a lot if I do it. Otherwise he'll kill me."

"Why did he call you?"

"I don't even know. He said Caden used to work with him and that is how he knows me."

"No one will kill you, Lydia. I'll make sure of that."

"He said he'll find a way and I can't hide from him."

"He wants you dead. Even after you kill us, he's gonna kill you."

"How do you know?"

"It's something called common sense."

"Oh, my god. What do I do?"

"Just trust me on this, okay? It's not hard for the CIA to protect one person."

"The CIA?" It was not Lydia who said that. It was Aaron.

"Hey Aaron. Nice of you to join us." I told the guy who was standing by the door.

"You work for the CIA?" He asked again, shocked.

"Kind of, yeah."

"Oh!" That's all he said. I left him think and turned towards Lydia.

"Drop the gun." She did as I told her.

"And Lydia, if you try anything funny, I won't hesitate to kill you" I told her and walked towards the chair on the other side of the room.

"I just have a call to make." I said punching a number on my phone.

As the phone was ringing I looked at Aaron who was still standing at the door with a shocked face.

"You work for the CIA?" He asked.

Damn.

~*~