Chapter 11

The weeks passed by in a blur. Everything was normal. Or I hope it is.

Olivia left two weeks ago. She is now living somewhere in South Carolina with her mother and her brother.

School is same, tests, gossips and detentions. I grew a little closer to the group. Summer and Brianne were the closet to friends, considering I never had girl friends before.

Aaron was fun to be with. He never fails to make someone laugh. Let me tell you, he is also a good prankster.

Ryder is the one with the brains. And a sense of humor, he is caring and sweet. He is the correct one for Summer.

Summer Scott, just like Olivia said, is the sweetest girl I ever met. She couldn't even hurt a fly. She cares for every one.

Brianne, she is the witty one in the group. Her sarcastic comments never fail to amuse anyone. She has a reply for everything you say.

Asher, well he is himself. Even though he has a reputation of being a player or a Heartbreaker, he is a total softie. He wouldn't hurt anyone intentionally.

I have spent a large amount of time with the group. Skipping classes and going out for lunches.

The girls even asked me to have a shopping trip with them, but I refused as politely as possible. They looked a little hurt when I said no, but I am here to do my job. Not to make friends and go shopping trips. I can't risk anything.

"Are you sure you don't want to come?" Summer asked me over the phone. She and Brianne decided to meet for a movie. They invited me to join them but I said I can't. She is currently trying to persuade me into coming with her.

Before I could reply, there was a disturbance on the other side of the line.

"Summer?" I asked but there was no reply. I rushed out of my room and into Nico's office.

"Is something wrong, Lena?" He asked.

"I think. I need to go out." I went on my car.

"Well, well. If it's not Summer Scott." I heard someone say on the phone. I froze. Then the call cut.

The voice, it sounded so familiar.

I shook my head and pulled the car out of the garage. Within a few minutes, I was near the place where Summer wanted me to come if I changed my mind.

I did not find anything there. Not even a teenage girl, who I thought was in trouble.

I might be wrong. He might just be an old friend. I might have confused with the voice. But my gut is never wrong. I had a feeling she was in trouble.

God, I hope she is fine.

I called Brianne. It rang and went into voicemail. I rang her again, this time she picked up.

"Eli..." She said. Her voice cracking.

"Bri, are you okay? Where is Summer?"

"She... She is hurt. She's bleeding" she whimpered.

"Shh... Calm down. Where are you? I'm coming"

"I don't know. It's dark. We are in some kind of alley. He stabbed her." I took a sharp intake of breath at her words.

Someone hurt her.

"Keep talking to me. I'll find you." I told her.

Since it wasn't long before Summer's call, they shouldn't be far. I searched a few near by alleys. Luckily, I found them within a few minutes.

"Eli" Brianne shouted as soon as she saw me.

"Did you call the ambulance?" I asked her.

"Yes. They are not here yet." I nodded at her and looked at the injured girl.

She was barely breathing.

"Summer, breath. Please don't sleep." I kept telling her. She lost too much blood.

If she sleeps now, there is a chance that she might never wake up.

I checked the stab wound. It was on the left side. Nothing was punctured.

The ambulance came minutes later. We were allowed to ride with her to the hospital. She was rushed to the emergency room.

The person knew what he was doing. A perfect stab. Not too deep, but deep enough to do some damage.

The kind of stab if you want to torture someone or hurt someone without actually killing them. It makes you loose blood and die slowly.

"Why would someone want to kill her?" Brianne thought out loud while.
we were waiting for the doctor to say something and for her family to arrive.

"He wasn't trying to kill her." I said.

"What?"

"The place where he stabbed her, it was not to kill her. Or at least kill her instantly. He was expecting her not to die or bleed out to death."

"Why would someone do that? She could not even  hurt a fly, you know"

"I do. That is why they chose her. It was a warning."

"A warning? For whom?"

"That's what I'm trying to find out."

~*~

Triple update... Yes...

Dedicated to SecretIdentity16 for all the support...

Thank you very much..

Next update... Wait for it..😉😉