Chapter:5

Dedicated to SecretIdentity16for her support. Thank you.

~*~

Our houses weren't far away. It was merely a twenty minute drive.

He stopped in front of my driveway and turned to me.

"So...Eli." he said with a low voice.

'Damn his voice' said my heart.

I mentally cursed myself and concentrated on what he was saying.

"Did I see you before? You look familiar" my heart skipped a beat.

"I don't think so." I said confidently.

"I thought I saw you somewhere" he muttered to himself. "Anyway, you wanna carpool tomorrow?"

I beamed at the offer. This is definitely better than following him.

"Sure." I nodded getting out of the car.

"See you at seven thirty" he shouted before driving off into his garage.

"Lena" Nico called out as soon as I walked through the front door."In the kitchen"

"How was your day?" He asked putting down his drink.

"Honestly? It sucked."

"Did you meet him?"

"Yeah. I met the whole group when we skipped. I also got a ride tomorrow"

"You skipped?" He practically screamed.

"Come on Nico, it's not like I'm going to school to study."

"You are right. But you can't make them suspicious"

"How'd that make me suspicious? It makes me a badass. The chick who never does her homework. Doesn't that sound cool?" He looked at me unamused.

I sighed. "Anyway, you don't have to drive me tommorow. I have a ride"

"From..?"

I smirked at him. "You know me."

"I can't believe it. You met him for a few minutes and already made him drive you to school?"

"I'm the best"

"I know"

~*~

"Good morning" I greeted Asher as I sat down in the car"

"Morning" He grunted.

"Still not a morning person, I see" I smiled at him.

It's been a week since I started school in New York and Asher has been driving me to school everyday.

"I've been like this all my life. Old habits die hard. And my aunt is being a pain in the ass."

"Your aunt?" I asked. For some unknown reasons, Asher lives with his aunt. Not his dad.

"Yeah. It's kind of complicated" I nodded dropping it.

Asher's dad is a rich business man. A very powerful man with a lot of secrets. No one, not even the CIA knows about his mother.

"Asher.. um.. nevermind" I said. I can't believe I slipped. I couldn't ask him about his mother. I mean we met not even a week ago.

"You can ask me" he said with his eyes on the road.

I concentrated on him. The way he furrowed his eyebrows when Concentrating.

"It's nothing. Really. I just don't know the limits."

He paused for a moment, as if he was thinking something.

"You were going to ask about my parents." He stated looking as me as we stopped at a red light. "Or more likely, my mother"

There was this bitter look on his face. Like he hated the word, or the person.

"I didn't mean to intrude." I said truthfully.

"No it's fine. Not many people know this, but I never met my mother." I looked at him wide eyed.

"I-I-"

"Let me tell you. From what my dad told me, she never wanted me. She walked out as soon as I was born."

The way he said it made my eyes tear. What is happening to me? Why am I turning soft? It's not healthy for me.

"I'm sorry" I said quietly. "I'm sure there has to be some reason she left."

"Or she simply doesn't like me." He sighed.

"I'm sorry I asked." I said truthfully.

"It's fine. Really. I wanted to tell someone"

"Why me?" I asked as we parked in the school parking lot.

"I have a feeling that you wont kill me." He laughed. I stared at him with my eyes wide.

"Thank you, by the way." He gave me a boyish smirk before walking out of the car.

Holy Cow.

He knows.

~*~

Next update 24 February, IST.