Chapter 25

I made my way towards the living room, with my gun in my hands. Ready to shoot.

I'm down to business.

I searched the house for anyone who could have entered the house for my room.

I heard the TV and walked towards the living room. I could hear the boys chatter. I sighed a breath of relief when I learnt that they are alive.

But as soon as I entered the living room, my heart started racing.

I could see the silhouette of the guys sitting on the couch because of the TV light. But what made me stop dead in my tracks is another silhouette, which looked like a man.

By seeing his posture and built, he isn't older than thirty and is not trained for these kind of situations. He looks kind of stiff.

He held a gun in his hand, which was pointed towards the couch. His hands were shaking a little.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you" I told him. My voice made him jump and he turned towards me. This also alerted the guys and within seconds, Jake and Tyler had their guns pointed towards him.

I felt the light switch towards my right and switched it on. The sudden blaze of light temporarily blinded everyone but we recovered.

The man in front of me stood tall with his gun pointed towards me. His green eyes shone in the light.

I heard Asher gasp as he looked at the person with the gun that was pointed at him a few moments ago.

"Let me make it easier. I will kill him, don't try to stop me or.i will be force to kill you too." He said to me.

I rised a challenging eyebrow. Seriously? Was he threatening me? He should definitely watch his words.

"Watch your words. You don't threaten me and walk out alive." I warned him.

"Oh really? Watch me." He said lifting his gun. I did too.

I watched him as he pointed the gun towards me. But before he could shoot the front door opened.

All five heads snapped towards that direction. 

A few seconds later came in a running Olivia. Her skin flushed and her hair messy.

"What the fuck are you doing here?" The man before me hisses.

"I should ask you the same. What the fuck are you doing here?" She shouted.

"I am doing what I'm supposed to do. Don't interfere with my life." He snarled at her.

"Don't interfere? I fucking almost died to save you. How the fuck can I not interfere?"

"It's none of your damn business, Olivia. Stay away from me. Or.."

"Or what? Are you gonna shoot me too?" She shouted tears visible in her eyes.

"I warned you." He said with gritted teeth, before turning the gun towards her.

My eyes widened when it registered what he was gonna do.

Before I could react, he pulled the trigger. There was a loud bang and a scream.

But the scream did not belong to Olivia.

I looked at the scene before me with wide eyes.

Olivia was crouching on the floor with tears flowing from her eyes. Beside her was Jake, holding his shoulder where the bullet passed through.

He took the bullet for her.

The man before me stood frozen looking at the scene before us.

My breathing great heavy as the anger took control.

"You fucking traitor." I screamed.

"Do you know what you just did?" I said with gritted teeth.

I rised my gun again and shot him in the stomach. He did not move. He stood there frozen. His eyes showing only one emotion.

Remorse.

"I-I am sorry Liv." He strutted, wincing while holding his injured stomach. "I wasn't t-thinking clearly."

I had enough. I can't stand to see the man, who shot my best friend.

"You shot my best friend" I told him walking closer. "And you were about to shoot her, the person who put her life in risk just to see you alive. You fucking traitor. You deserve to die."

At that I placed the gun to his forehead.

"Goodbye Richard."

With that I pulled the trigger.