Chapter 8

Thank you SecretIdentity16 for that amazing cover.

I replayed the phone conversation, when Olivia called me, in my head.

"But, he was dead. He died. You can't lie to me."

"No. He is not dead. His death was a lie. Just a little Information, I'll set him free." The mystery man said.

"How can I trust you its the truth?" She asked.

"Because, you have no other option."

I heard her sigh. "Okay fine. I'll be there. You better not be lying"

"Eli?" Asher's voice brought me back.

"Yeah?"

"Your phone. It's ringing"

"Oh! Sorry I zoned out. I was thinking" I said picking up the phone.

"We can't find Siemens anywhere. We are not able to reach her mobile too" a  frantic Lucy said as soon as I hit the green button.

"Well, hello Lucy" I glanced at wide eyed Asher. "I know where she is. I am on my way."

"What about Asher? This might be a trap you know? They might kill him when you are distracted"

"Calm down. No one can hurt him. It will happen only over my dead body." I said as I glanced at him again.

"Where is he?"

"Trust me in this, okay? It's my duty to return him home in a single piece. I am here. I'll call you back in a minute. This should not take any longer." I hung up.

"You work for my aunt?" Asher asked as soon as I cut the call.

"Not exactly, but yeah"

"Is this some kind of illegal group or something?"

"Your aunt works for the CIA. Now I don't have much time to answer all your questions. But I will tell you tonight. Okay?" He nodded.

I took my bag and brought out a gun. This should be enough.

"Come on" I said walking out. He followed me.

We reached an old building and climbed up the stairs. It's wasn't a clever move, climbing up an unknown building when it's about life and death. But I just hoped.

As we reached the roof, I heard faint voices. I held the gum tightly in my hand as we crawled towards the edge.

There beside the building was an open space and a few black cars parked. 

A man in thick siut was talking to Olivia and two other men held back a person. He was barely able to stand.

"Just a little information, Olivia" he said.

"Tell me or your brother is dead." He pulled out a gun and pointed towards Richard.

"No, please no" she said her voice breaking.

"Who is with Asher now?" He growled.

"It's me. It's still me." She whispered.

"I'm not a fool. I know you quit. Tell me before I kill this pathetic reason for a person" he pointed the gun again.

"No" she breathed.

"What?"

"No I won't tell you. Even if I quit, I won't let you hurt him. You can't kill Asher." She said with so much determination. I felt Asher stiffen.

"Well, you left me with no other choice kitten" he smirked.

Olivia's eyes widened as two other men held her.

The man in the black suit unlocked his gun and smirked at Richard.

"Goodbye, Richard" he said with a lot of venom in his voice.

"Too late, mate" I whispered. Asher looked at me for a fraction of a second before a loud bang sounded.

The man in the black suit fell on the floor. All the other eyes turned in out direction.

Before they could notice what's happening, I emptied all the bullets in my gun.

It was silent for a while but then Olivia seemed to come out of the trance and ran towards her brother.

"You killed them" Asher whispered.

"Ash-"

"You killed them like they meant nothing"

"They mean nothing" I said.

"Aren't you even guilty you killed a person? You took away lives." He shouted.

"Asher I-"

"You are a monster" he said hate visible in his eyes.

"I am." I whispered. I couldn't speak any louder.

He shook his head and walked away.

Every word he said held truth.

I killed people and I did not feel guilty about it.

Yes. I am a monster.

~*~

Next update 26, February. IST.